I got my Grillgun

KORND4WG X

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Pretty cool - I got both the charcoal one and the SV

q5wjua3l.jpg

I’ll try a sear with it later and compare to the Otto. It did blast a cast iron pan in a hurry and also scared the new puppy :icon_shy

I’m sure the larger one will work fine for the smoker as I have a weed burner now - it’ll be nice to use a green bottle, though.

Well, now I know what my next BBQ related purchase will be...

I got in on the Kickstarter and the inventor was pretty good about giving regular updates and posting how-to videos as well.

Everything is pretty solid, the only part I'm worried about is the trigger to ignite it but I'll keep an eye on it. Other than that it really does put out a flame, I think more than my weed burner (could be my imagination...)

Holy Hell 007. :thumb:

Don't know why James Bond came to mind, but like I've told you before you got all the cool toys. Looking forward to seeing the results, hope it kicks the Otto's ass, save me some money. :heh:

Holy Hell 007. :thumb:

Don't know why James Bond came to mind, but like I've told you before you got all the cool toys. Looking forward to seeing the results, hope it kicks the Otto's ass, save me some money. :heh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You forced me to find a safe place to fire this thing up. Was scared I was going to start a forest fire

nBhbpTCl.jpg

It’s like 30% throttle :icon_shy

I got both too, so far I am very impressed. I am going to give it a try at warming up the smoker tomorrow. Also, the flame is different than my weed burner. The grill gun has air inlets in the tube before the burn cup in addition to the holes in the burn cup. The flame is all blue. Whether that will make a difference in anything I don't know.

And I had to "say hello to my little friend!" My wife just shook her head.

I got both too, so far I am very impressed. I am going to give it a try at warming up the smoker tomorrow. Also, the flame is different than my weed burner. The grill gun has air inlets in the tube before the burn cup in addition to the holes in the burn cup. The flame is all blue. Whether that will make a difference in anything I don't know.

Nice! Let us know how it works. I think the flame has more velocity too but could be my imagination again :roll:

For now I’ll use my weed burner for my drum and M1, thinking the grill gun will be good for my watchman and KBQ - they’re in different areas and the maneuverability will be handy.

Nice! Let us know how it works. I think the flame has more velocity too but could be my imagination again :roll:

For now I’ll use my weed burner for my drum and M1, thinking the grill gun will be good for my watchman and KBQ - they’re in different areas and the maneuverability will be handy.
You have a KBQ? Talk to me I'd like a stick burner but don't have much room, M1 would be great but I'd have to sell the MAK and Performer and that isn't happening.

You have a KBQ? Talk to me I'd like a stick burner but don't have much room, M1 would be great but I'd have to sell the MAK and Performer and that isn't happening.

You’ve been gone too long :icon_shy. I got it for a steal on CL last summer - pros and cons are well documented and I only use it when I can be sure I can pay attention due to the open fire.

I found out to start with a good layer of hot coals to basically get it close to temp, after that it’s drop a small split or 2 every 30 min or so - it does run like a stick burner maintaining a median temperature well. End product is pretty good and clean up is super easy.

With limited room it might be what you need but wouldn’t run it in windy conditions or with ex-GF’S running around.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Nice to hear no problems with an early adopter (Weber Smokefire comes to mind).

I hope mine is on the doorstep when I get home. Thanks

Awesome!

Nice to hear no problems with an early adopter (Weber Smokefire comes to mind).

I hope mine is on the doorstep when I get home. Thanks

It arrived on time for me - fire it up when you get it and let me know if I’m exaggerating the flame :thumb:

Yeah my early adopter risks are in the $100 range, not $1000 :laugh:

I was on the site looking at those things yesterday - looked pretty cool, then I saw the price. I’m sure there’s a reason they make you click BUY NOW! before they show you how many kidneys you’re going to have to sell.

Yeah I was reading the same thread the other night, and yes, I too fell in Love with the new toy! One of those I did not know I needed until I saw it. Sure will make getting the charcoal going faster, and yes " Say Hello to my Lill Friend".:laser:

Back