Birthday Butts...Pork Butt that is (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey All,

Had a party last night to celebrate our daughter's 2nd birthday. Cooked up 6 butts coming in at 65 lbs. Ran them up on my 48" offset for 14 hrs @215 f on a combo of mesquite and hickory (my favorite) I threw on some chicken in the last 3 hrs just for good measure. A good time was had by all. And there was just enough left to make pulled pork breakfast burritos for the out of town family this morning. I wish there were more photos but I was sharing the camera with my wife because I can't find mine.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg
I let my butts go a bit longer than some, but I really love that bark.
IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg
Best birthday gift ever! Wish I had thought of it. Sorry the image is sideways. It's correct in my computer. Just not sure how to fix it here.

Last edited:
I bet that was every bit as awesome as it looks!! Also, for some reason I've never thought of making breakfast burritos with my leftovers for some odd reason.....and I get pretty crafty.

Also, I apologize for reading birthday butts and thinking of something completely different and not as sweet(but oh the memories).:doh::oops:

Thanks Chris.

And I kind of knew that I would be getting peoples minds in the gutter with the title. But it made me laugh.

Josh

Being my first post other than Cattle Call, a big thanks to all the brethren for the positive comments. Reading churrodog's comment I realized I missed some text in the original post. It should have said 215-225 F. Sorry I missed that.

Also, I know I'm throwing my fellow Californians under the bus here. But in true CA style out of the three sauces made for the event (Vinegar of course, Med-Hot Cider Vinegar/Tomato/Molasses, and a commercial made sweet tomato base sauce. The only one left over was the Vinegar. Silly west coasters. (and I am one. Just with better taste)

Awesome, I love it!!!

My kidoes are 1&2yrs old, my wife got them a little grill to play with like that also :grin:

Edit-Your play grill is cooler, mine is a gasser :icon_blush:

Back