Subscription Boxes?

Nope not tried?
or Nope not worth it?

I can't help, I've never heard of the Carnivore Club. I recently joined a meat CSA from locally sourced farms though. For $85 a month, I get 15 lbs of assorted pork, chicken, and beef. I've only had it for 2 months, but so far I like it. Tastes good. And I get cuts I've never used before or some I've never heard of.

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been considering Butcherbox for a while but wanted to hear from some other people who are using/have used it.

Butcher Box is a good concept, it's just too expensive. I just got my first box. In it were 2 10 oz. Ribeyes, 4 8oz boneless pork chops, a whole chicken, 2 lbs. ground pork, 1 lb. bacon, a 2 lb sirloin cap (picanha), a pound of scallops and 2 pounds ground beef (i got in on the promo where you get 2lbs. ground beef free each month.

the quality of the meat is good so far, but this box ran me $150. Its a handy service but a bit too pricey. I believe if you just select a mixed box and let them send you what they want it runs around $129.

I'll probably cancel after this month; i feel like I can hit our farmers market and come out a lot cheaper.

It's not worth it, a local CSA it a better choice.

I buy regularly from Crowd Cow, I have not tried their subscription service. I always buy sale items and get at least $99.00 or more at a time for free shipping. I have only ordered pastured pork products and 100% grass fed beef, so far everything has been great. I have not paid regular price for anything yet that is why I have not done a subscription due to cost.

Butcher box is good quality, but small portioned. Racks of ribs and such are smaller than you'd find in the grocery store.

Back