Midwest Volunteer seeking Mentor

cpdmajor

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Scott 405
Brethren,

Looking for a team to volunteer with, I live in Rochester, MN (Zumbrota Actually), willing to travel to get an opportunity. Rookie, with a great attitude, and will appreciate the opportunity! 55 Years old, retired LEO and now in to my 2nd career. KCBS Member.

Thanks for considering!
Scott

Good luck to you man. Probably more retired comp guys here than active cooks these days. Maybe try Friday night mingling at a local contest.

Welcome to the Brethren, Scott, and thank you for your years of public service. If there aren't many/any teams that will offer you a spot, you may also consider becoming a CBJ (certified barbecue judge). It is also a good way to get to meet teams in the BBQ world and network your interests.

Thanks Ron, great minds think alike---went through CBJ certification! What a great experience, just finished my second event and looking forward to the next. Thank you for the advice. Scott

You may want to contact Damon Holter up at Croix Valley Foods. They have a team up your way and also sponsor other teams, he might be able to hook you up with someone.

Back