• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicago Winter Lunch Bash I - January 23, 2010

What would you like to eat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
We have a time and location!

Dave & Busters
1155 North Swift Road
Addison, IL 60101
(630) 543-5151
daveandbusters.com

Jan 23rd, 11:30AM

Time to start thinking about getting together for another Brethren lunch bash.

We seem to have quite a few members in the Western Burbs signing up lately, so it would be a great chance to meat you all.

An informal poll I conducted shows that Saturday January 23rd seems to be a good candidate for a lunch. The weekend prior to that is the KCBS Banquet, and the next few weekends are shot with the holidays and such.

So what do you say to noon on the 23rd of January?

I want to check out a few places such as these from a PM I was using to kick this off:

Places on the list to offer up for lunch meetings include: (Click for Links)

Q-BBQ in LaGrange : http//www.q-bbq.com/

Comfort Zone (now moved to Aurora)

Smokey's Wood Pit BBQ (Oswego Location) http//www.smokeyswoodpit.com/

As well as any others. These are just some newer places that came to mind in the general area of Western Suburbs.

Has anyone tried these places? Specifically, how is seating?

I am not averse to going back to Uncle Bubs in Westmont as that place, while some items can be hit or miss, especially on an early Saturday afternoon, has a ton of space like the Brethren kind of took over that one section in the back last April.

If the BBQ is great, thats a plus, but a place to spread out and meat people for a couple hours is also part of the plan. I've looked into Comfort Zone on the River, and maybe Ronelle and I should check that out, as it appears as though he and I can pretty much fill up the place from the looks of the seating :sad:

Chime in here if you plan on being able to make it (or not) so if any PM's go out with changes you can be included.

Hope to see you all in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
my order of preference would be
Q-BBQ
Comfort Zone
Ill pass on Uncle Bubs
count me in otherwise

Also, the links above got farked when I moved them from my PM, so cut and paste the ones added next to the names.

And Billm, these are not etched in stone. If you have another youd like to add, that would be great.

Heck, I think a round at Sweet Baby Ray's place might be pretty cool at some point.

I should be able to make it. Make sure you sent out a message when a place is settled on.

Also, the links above got farked when I moved them from my PM, so cut and paste the ones added next to the names.

And Billm, these are not etched in stone. If you have another youd like to add, that would be great.

Heck, I think a round at Sweet Baby Ray's place might be pretty cool at some point.
actually I could set something up with him if you want to hit the wood dale location..otherwise im open to just about anything...except uncle bubs
Dont really know of any in the western burbs otherwise..
my go to place when i dont cook is Big Eds but he is way the hell up in North Chicago

Bill,

I said 2010.

Jan 23rd 2009 is already past, but Sat Jan 23rd 2010 is a Saturday :twisted:
yea i was looking at the wrong calendar..i tried to edit it before you saw that
what can i say? im a mook :-D

Dont really know of any in the western burbs otherwise..
my go to place when i dont cook is Big Eds but he is way the hell up in North Chicago

Used to be a place in Lombard (Italian now) and St. Chuck (don't think it's still there...). BBQ places have a hard time surviving in the burbs, don't they?

I recall going to KC Masterpiece off Finley and Butterfield when I lived there.

Long gone now.

Famous Daves is in Yorktown!!!

This is the place that used to be in Lombard: http://texanbbq.com/ Right on Geneva Rd in downtown.

Thought they had good sandwiches, but I'm certainly not an expert.

Never been to Famous Dave's, is that on Ogden?

Never been to Famous Dave's, is that on Ogden?

They're kinda all over.

I was sticking with your Lombard note, and mentioned the location inside Yorktown Mall.

The one on Ogden is in Naperville, and further down Ogden when its called just Rt 34 the one there is in Oswego.

Does it have to be BBQ???? How about a bar with pub food. And a Marriott property close by would be a plus for me.

Time to start thinking about getting together for another Brethren lunch bash.

We seem to have quite a few members in the Western Burbs signing up lately, so it would be a great chance to meat you all.

I hope that is a typo :mrgreen:
Are farkers from Central IL welcome at this northern country event?

I'm looking into flights...

(That is of course if the Earth still exists in January)

Does it have to be BBQ???? How about a bar with pub food. And a Marriott property close by would be a plus for me.

thing is ford ..we have had a glut of new bbq places open up around here and this is a good excuse to check one of them out ..
im open to anything else though

Back