Perry's Steakhouse; Franklin, TN

Based on the amount of snow we have at the moment, I'm not sure this trip is a possibility for me, and may not be for you either. We've had about 6 inches of snow so far, with snow continuing through 5pm, with up to one inch of snow predicted per hour.

Reschedule?

Based on the amount of snow we have at the moment, I'm not sure this trip is a possibility for me, and may not be for you either. We've had about 6 inches of snow so far, with snow continuing through 5pm, with up to one inch of snow predicted per hour.

Reschedule?

Yep. Cancelled reservation today due to weather. Maybe next Friday?

Hmmm... There's a Perry's the next suburb over from me, only about a 15 minute drive.

I have rescheduled my reservation for Perry's in Franklin, TN for Friday, Jan. 14; 11:30am. Weather forecast has temps in the 50's, no snow...

I was hoping to be there, 95% of me wants to go caveman on that pork chop, but since I am not sure if I am still contagious from getting over covid, 5% of me wants to be cautious because 100% of me would feel bad if someone came down with it. I will eat vicariously through all of you that attend and plan to make it another time.

So, a request for the BRT (Brethren Reconnaissance Team). Several posts say it's roasted, others say its rotisserie roasted over Pecan smoke.

Does the loin have a hole in it where the spit rod would have gone through?

Also: "Perry’s Famous gluten-free Pork Chop topped with Perry's Signature Steak Butter".

What's the "Steak Butter" taste like? From their online store: "Featuring bleu cheese crumbles, pecorino cheese, Worchestershire, garlic and pepper". Do those flavors come through?

I'm also going to see if I can make it out to the Schaumburg IL location for lunch as well.

Unfortunately, I can't make it tomorrow for lunch in Franklin as I'm onboarding a new client tomorrow. :sad:

I do hope we'll get a full report with pics etc!

So, a request for the BRT (Brethren Reconnaissance Team). Several posts say it's roasted, others say its rotisserie roasted over Pecan smoke.

Does the loin have a hole in it where the spit rod would have gone through?

Also: "Perry’s Famous gluten-free Pork Chop topped with Perry's Signature Steak Butter".

What's the "Steak Butter" taste like? From their online store: "Featuring bleu cheese crumbles, pecorino cheese, Worchestershire, garlic and pepper". Do those flavors come through?

I'm also going to see if I can make it out to the Schaumburg IL location for lunch as well.

Yes, I say all the flavors listed of the steak butter do come through. There is no hole, the rotisserie has racks, not spits. Smoker is from J&R Mfg. in Mesquite, Texas. Each Perry's location has their own building and smoker and the kitchen/building was built around the smoker; according to our waiter today. My opinion is that the "cure" is actually a brine. The chops are brined in a liquid brine and then smoked 4 to 6 hours with pecan wood for smoke. They are held at temp and seared just prior to serving. The finishing sauce/glaze is not applied until the sear and they will not provide any additional of this sauce/glaze as they say it must be seared on the meat; guys at table next to us asked about this and this is what they were told. Overall, I will not hesitate to go back and get this pork chop again. Entire experience was great from hostess to server, etc. Outstanding restaurant. Pork chop was moist and tender, but I would not call it pullable.

Attachments

• 20220114_114343.jpg
    20220114_114343.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220114_114357.jpg
    20220114_114357.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220114_114404.jpg
    20220114_114404.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220114_114541.jpg
    20220114_114541.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220114_115037.jpg
    20220114_115037.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 60
I was waiting on this!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to trying it for myself.

• Thanks
Reactions: QN
I was waiting on this!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to trying it for myself.

We went to the Nashville area location today, but there is also one in Birmingham, AL. Both are about 100 miles from us.
Maybe we need to try to schedule a Friday pork chop lunch bash at one of these locations?

I like it!! Maybe a winter gathering so no one has to worry about cooking in the cold, just meet and eat.

Yes, I say all the flavors listed of the steak butter do come through. There is no hole, the rotisserie has racks, not spits. Smoker is from J&R Mfg. in Mesquite, Texas. Each Perry's location has their own building and smoker and the kitchen/building was built around the smoker; according to our waiter today. My opinion is that the "cure" is actually a brine. The chops are brined in a liquid brine and then smoked 4 to 6 hours with pecan wood for smoke. They are held at temp and seared just prior to serving. The finishing sauce/glaze is not applied until the sear and they will not provide any additional of this sauce/glaze as they say it must be seared on the meat; guys at table next to us asked about this and this is what they were told. Overall, I will not hesitate to go back and get this pork chop again. Entire experience was great from hostess to server, etc. Outstanding restaurant. Pork chop was moist and tender, but I would not call it pullable.

Mark, thanks for the thorough followup report and pictures! :clap2: From what you and Mike have expressed, this sounds like a dish well worth experiencing.

I wish I had been able to attend, but am certainly up for a meet at the Franklin location in the near future.

• Thanks
Thanks for the recon, QN! I'm going to have to wander down to the Grapevine location and give it a try.

For folks that don't have a Perry's nearby, I noticed that they sell it online for delivery to the Lower 48.

Friday lunch is the best time to me; pork chop is only $17. I suggest making a reservation if you are going. Nashville/Franklin, TN location was very busy. We were glad we had a reservation.

I see you and your Lovely Bride are taking retirement very well. That's the way to do it! :clap2:

• Thanks
Back