do you like leftovers?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I do. whether its reheating outright, repurposing into a new dish or vac seal and freezing leftovers are a way of life for me. i know quite a few people who dont mess with leftovers. i cook extra just for that purpose.

how do you feel about leftovers? do you ever cook extra so you kind freeze it for later?

Yes, I eat leftovers all the time.

Comes in handy when you don't feel like firing up the smoker.

how do you feel about leftovers? do you ever cook extra so you kind freeze it for later?

I think that my BBQ tastes BETTER as leftovers. Maybe it is because the smoke on cook day de-sensitizes my sense of taste or something -- I dunno. I use the vacuum seal bags extensively and freeze stuff for later.

The kids have moved out and it is just me and the wifey now, so most any overnight cook produces more food than we can handle anyway. Got the big freezer in the garage...

I will cure and smoke pork bellies two at a time for home-made bacon -- and that will last us quite a while, except for around the holidays when I give much of it away to family.

Love them. I always cook extra. Do a lot of meal prep, and make my own freezer meals. Makes eating good, during the work week much easier. Saves a lot of money, because you don't have to eat that crappy fast food burger, when you are driving home.

Im getting better at eating/using leftovers. There was a time where i just wanted to cook and barely eat it. I was cutting briskets in half so i could cook it twice. Threw a lot of meat out. Now i really make an effort to try to get it all eaten. I've even been freezing some.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like leftovers, but only for about 3 days in a row max, then I need to change it up.

Yes, I like leftovers, but....

I usually cook two big briskets instead of one. The office ladies where my wife works will gladly pay for the leftovers. I tend to get a couple meals for free. :)

Takes the same amount of time to prep larger pieces of meat as it does smaller, big pot of chili, the same. If I've got the kettle going, might as well fill it up to put some in the freezer. Things like a leg of lamb would never be cooked for just the wife and I, if I didn't plan for leftovers. Like some said, BBQ is better the next day, anyways.
About the only thing I cook to produce only one meal is fish.

We do a good job with cooking one meal at a time thanks to the foodsaver. I portion out 2 chicken breasts, two pieces of salmon, etc. My wife doesn't like eating the same thing on consecutive days, so if there are leftovers its usually on me to take to work or something. I do like leftovers, but after a couple meals of the same it's time to move on or repurpose. Only time we'll make things to purposely have leftovers is chilis, stews, etc. Then I can vac seal and freeze for another dinner down the road.

My favorite leftovers time of year is coming up! I very rarely eat pasta, but man I look forward to some kitchen sink turkey tetrazzini every year. Mouth is watering now just thinking about that stuff. My lovely wife makes a great one!

I love left overs Cook a lot and have a lot left- definitely worth it
One of my favorites is T Day Love those left over sammies

I was raised on leftovers, my wife hates them, I end up eating it for lunch, Heck, I can eat that stuff cold...:-D

I’ve tried really hard over the last 8-12 months to minimize leftovers, by smaller cooks. One rack versus 3 pack, and small singles. 1 steak-Small butts, baby Hams and brisket as I can find that look good. I’m now cooking on a Primo Oval XL and a Davy Crockett. There’s another reason. I seldom eat supper. Pretty much an intermittent fast from lunch to Breakfast. Supper used to be my biggest meal. Now it doesn’t exist. So I had to learn to cook smaller. Regardless there’s always leftovers even with smaller cuts of meat.

But less

There are only 2 of us left so there are always leftovers (it's as easy to cook for 4 as it is for 2). I love all leftovers, not only barbecue, although there tends to be more leftovers from barbecue.

I couldn't imagine NOT eating leftovers! I truly believe that some foods get better after cooling down and reheating, especially chili, spaghetti, and the like. Pulled pork, brisket, turkey, ham...all just as tasty leftover. Ribs really take a turn for the worse, though.

I find that the cabbage stew and chili are better the next day, so i plan on leftovers for them...

Back