MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #16
charcoal4brains
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
I used it on less tender meats (Sirloin, etc.) and while it pry helped I never like the fact that it smashed the meat making me think more of minute steak than a nice thick Sirloin.
It's been sitting in the cupboard for years.
Ed

I didn’t care for the Jacaard flattening meat either, so I wired the “foot” up. It worked, now it doesn’t flatten meat, but the un-spring-loaded “foot” doesn’t push the meat off the blades either. Slows things down a bit.
charcoal4brains is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #17
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

The only time I beat my meat is with a hammer on skirt streak.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #18
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I remember my Grandma Boyle right after feeding the boys plates of eggs, meat, and taters for breakfast would commence to beating the hell out of round steak with a damn hammer in her frilly apron and the waddle of her triceps just flapping in the wind.
Funny what impresses a youngster...
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #19
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

I'll use mine mostly for helping drive marinade into the meat combined with my vac chamber. IE: copycat chipotle chicken recipe I'll jaccard some chicken and then vac chamber it for 50ish seconds a couple times and then let it sit. Definitely improves the penetration and flavor of the chicken. So yeah, mainly use it for marinade penetration but along with my chamber.
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #20
Ag76
is One Chatty Farker

Do any of you ever worry about driving bacteria from the surface of the meat where it would normally be quickly killed by the heat of the grill down into the meat where it might survive the cooking process?

Lyfe Tyme - 16" x 40" Single Lid With Firebox

3 Weber Kettles

2 WSMs
Ag76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #21
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag76 View Post
Do any of you ever worry about driving bacteria from the surface of the meat where it would normally be quickly killed by the heat of the grill down into the meat where it might survive the cooking process?
Depending on what I'm cooking/time/temps etc. Proper handling of the meat prior is more important imo. No different than eating any ground meat product.
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->