First brisket

stan5677

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Going to attempt my first brisket on the pellet popper any suggestions on time and temp

First brisket ever and no clue what im doing.....Id cook 265 till the thickest part of the flat reaches 205. Plan on minimum 1 hour per pound.

Since it's a pellet i would rock 200 for an hour or 2. Then bump it up to 275ish and let it roll. As far as seasoning and time/finish i don't know. My briskets haven't turned out to tasty

As with mattmountz, I cook the first 3-4 hours as low as the smoker will cook — on mine, it’s a “smoke” setting, which is supposed to be 180-200, but anything around 200 will work. This is because pellets smoke more at lower temp’s and less at higher temps. 2-4 hours at a low temp should ensure enough smoke that you avoid the “no smoke flavour” complaints that often characterize pellet smokers.

Then bump it up to whatever temp at which you normally prefer to smoke briskets. I’m a low and slow guy, so I use 225-250. Others go faster at 275-300 or even higher.

I run mine at 225F until I get the color I want, wrap in butcher paper and turn up to 300F until tender. I tend to keep seasoning simple, SPOG with plenty of P.

Back