Sunday Brisket

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Was planning on cooking this on the offset but the wind kicked up to an unreasonable level so I called an audible and threw it on the Long Weekender. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Wrapped in butcher paper around 165 degrees or so.

BDiqd9Ul.jpg

Isvs96Al.jpg

EQwCjvIl.jpg

Cut the point up for some quick burnt ends. This was my first attempt at these. They were good but I think they can be improved.

DftuEbPl.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

I'm far from a BE expert, but you might want to try putting those in a half pan to cook longer. Even if you don't want to sauce them, they like to have the rendered juices to give them a little extra flavor. Make sure you stir them a couple times in the process.

Will definitely cook in a pan next time. I sauced them and cooked them on that wire rack. They were still tasty but will be better cooked swimming in the juice and sauce.

I'm far from a BE expert, but you might want to try putting those in a half pan to cook longer. Even if you don't want to sauce them, they like to have the rendered juices to give them a little extra flavor. Make sure you stir them a couple times in the process.

Back