I did it!!! Mod help needed...

Clay-b-que

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I bought a Yoder 640 today! I have been working towards this for 4 months and paid for it today. I hope to pick it up on Thursday. I went back and forth about the comp cart but ended up not getting it because I actually think the shelf on the bottom will be more useful to hold pellets, etc. I got the grill grates and will actually add the access door to the drip pan myself after looking at it. I am going to also make some nice wooden shelves to replace the ones it comes with because I didn’t want to shell out $300 for the stainless steel shelves (but might at a later date if the wood shelves don’t work or I might weld some stainless shelves myself we’ll see). I did have a question about the controller though...the controller was the only thing holding me back on this but I decided to buy it anyway. I REALLY would like to have WiFi capability with this unit (it would also be nice if it had a couple of probs as a part of the controller). Is there a way to modify the controller so that it is fully WiFi and I can control it through my phone or iPad? Has anyone done this mod?

Can I wire this into the yoder? https://www.rectecgrills.com/wi-pellet-wifi-controller-with-dual-meat-probes/

You're going to love the Yoder. Can't help you on the wifi, other than I don't think you will need it.

And another one falls

congrats, I looked at those last week we liked it a lot

The controllers are usually tuned to the smoker they are installed in, particularly PID controllers. Sorry to say, but if it didn't come with WiFi, you aren't gonna get it.

The controllers are usually tuned to the smoker they are installed in, particularly PID controllers. Sorry to say, but if it didn't come with WiFi, you aren't gonna get it.

Yee of little faith! It’s wires and computer chips...and now a challenge! If it’s not possible, then I will make it possible and figure it out :razz:

I am sure someone has thought of this before me and if not I call dibs....and may be sending a patent application tomorrow.

Yee of little faith! It’s wires and computer chips...and now a challenge! If it’s not possible, then I will make it possible and figure it out :razz:

I am sure someone has thought of this before me and if not I call dibs....and may be sending a patent application tomorrow.
Just plug this in... how hard can it be? :heh:
f5f4ff4c04c2c0243e94d710af3b5ba2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back