MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:04 PM   #31
smokin'hoogie
Full Fledged Farker

looks nice Kev. Cooked perfectly. I broke down last year and made a couple for my wife to take to an office breakfast party. Did the traditional spinach, bacon, cheese and also decided to get fancy with a Gouda, smoked salmon and hash brown potato crust concoction. Not bad for my first quiche I'd say.

I should have smoked them!!! Dag Nabbit!!!

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-16-2021, 10:05 PM   #32
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Looks mitee tastee to me.I often cook something very similar.I omit the pie crust and just smoke it in a CI skillet.I call it a baked egg pie and I get to keep my man card and masculinity. Your quiche looks delishious.
Thanks. Eggs + CI... can't go wrong with that combo. I'm sure your's taste awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
"Keep my man card" Heheee. We do the same thing in a 5" CI skillet. The Italians call this a Fritatta and the number of recipes for that are endless.
Oh, no Fritatta... another word I can't say or spell... Sounds like you and Hoss are both on the right track with the CI - I'm a sucker for anything CI. Combine that with smoke and your close to perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom b View Post
No shame in that, I'd be back for seconds
I'll put on another one. The girls were hungry and treated this one pretty bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilTrojan View Post
Looks great! I always top mine with salsa/hot sauce when eating and usually include broccoli in the quiche. For a change (or anyone avoiding wheat/gluten) you can make a crust using hash browns and it’s delicious!
Broccoli and/or hash browns????!!!! I'm on it - love 'em both. Thanks for the tips!
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #33
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
I'm with you Brother. Make another one, add some hooch, then enter the Cooking With Booze TD.
Ya know... that Bloody Mary did pair nicely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Hmmm...Never smoked a squish...

I have smoked up a couple of frittatas but I don't wanna talk about it much...
You frittata guys are teaching me something. They sound very similar to the "egg pie" so I'm going to say that I'd like them. I'll try one and hey, what the heck, I've already waded into the deep water. I'll even post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoQ View Post
I like everything about that quiche plan, especially cooked on the smoker! I am the quiche cook at my house most of the time, because I am also the pie crust maker. I would make one just like that except if I can get away with it, I always put in a heavy pinch or two of cayenne. Way to go!
I"m way behind you brother. I used a store bought crust. I'm a little scared of all things dough. Thanks for the kind words. I'll try and few more variations. Who knows, maybe I'll even tackle the dough thing some day.

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-16-2021, 10:15 PM   #34
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever3 View Post
I won’t say a WORD as long as I get a piece ...
My T-town friend, you can have 2 pieces. Just say when.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:48 PM   #35
bbqwizard
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Phillip

I’d hit that anytime.
By His grace, for His glory!
bbqwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2021, 08:12 AM   #36
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'hoogie View Post
looks nice Kev. Cooked perfectly. I broke down last year and made a couple for my wife to take to an office breakfast party. Did the traditional spinach, bacon, cheese and also decided to get fancy with a Gouda, smoked salmon and hash brown potato crust concoction. Not bad for my first quiche I'd say.

I should have smoked them!!! Dag Nabbit!!!
Apparently quite a few folks smoke them and something called a frittata (a new thing in my little world). I certainly didn't invent the idea - stole it from online recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqwizard View Post
I’d hit that anytime.
Thanks. They are really very good. We like to make fun of them, but that's just for entertainment I think...

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-18-2021, 06:38 AM   #37
LordRiffenstein
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

Man, I´d happily eat half that pie! I love a good quiche.
My dad makes some killer quiches so no comments from my side.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:57 PM   #38
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRiffenstein View Post
Man, I´d happily eat half that pie! I love a good quiche.
My dad makes some killer quiches so no comments from my side.
Glad it looked good to you. There weren't something that we regularly eat, but I think they'll be in the rotation now.

Hope you get to enjoy one with your Dad soon.