• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wood Fired Ovens?

I really want one. Just not sure if I'll build one or buy something. Leaning more to the buying one, just need one that's big enough that I can also cook bread in it and other foods, not just pizza. So this would require a larger opening and dome.

So...tell us more! Please, please, please! I did a quick search and learned a little bit about the Alfa ovens (gorgeous stuff BTW). What model do you have, pros, cons, what else did you look at before buying. Give us the scoop! and more wood-fired PRON.

(Nice cast iron skillet! I just got one of the Stargazers yesterday - very nice as well)

I've got the bug...someone on here posted a few weeks ago about one they got at Sam's or something...looked really cool...

the wife is still a no...

but I can sense an opening....

So...tell us more! Please, please, please! I did a quick search and learned a little bit about the Alfa ovens (gorgeous stuff BTW). What model do you have, pros, cons, what else did you look at before buying. Give us the scoop! and more wood-fired PRON.

(Nice cast iron skillet! I just got one of the Stargazers yesterday - very nice as well)

I am still learning how to cook on this beast. Mine is the Alfa "4 PIZZE" model. The pros so far is that it's big enough to do a lot of food at once. The cons are that it takes some practice to learn how to control the heat at whatever level you want. Someone here mentioned bread so I am showing a loaf of my homemade sourdough that I baked in this oven also...

Attachments

• 20181012_Bread.jpg
    20181012_Bread.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 272
Thanks for sharing, hoping to see a pizza oven in my future.

Man, that bread looks killer. Is that lasagna in the red dish?
And what's in the CI skillet?

I go back and forth- I'd really like something like this. The wife -rightfully- reminds me I have a ton of ways to cook food- I don't really need another.

/whisper "still want it tho" Might need to paint it in a camo pattern and sneak it in.

Really nice oven - size and construction (not to mention beautiful)! But over my pay grade. For something a bit cheaper (~$650), look into the Ooni Pro - big enough to do roasts, bread etc, but nowhere near the capacity of that Alfa.

I've got the roccbox and I love it. However I've been debating on trading it for something else like the alfa or even the pizza party ovens. Check those out, not to much money and nicely made.

How much was your alfa?

Yes, we have a nice big wood fired oven. Done plenty of pizza in there and some assorted stuff but not nearly as much as I want to. We recently picked up The Ultimate Wood Fired Oven Cookbook and that has some great recipes and info, highly recommended!

51n3Nc2CQ3L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back