Snowapalooza..... Butt pics

KingofTheCoals

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
In a state of emergency. :roll: .... Feel for the folks without power. Freezing rain and snow all night has got KC in a lock down.

Figured it's a great day to smoke some butt. :whoo: Will upload the finished product in about 8 hours.

Picked up some bone in butt from costco. 1.59lb... God I love that place. Rubbed down and on the smoker at 10am. Royal Oak lump, with apple and peach chunks for the smoke.

photo1vr.jpg

photo2ncp.jpg

photo3dmy.jpg

photo4knb.jpg

photoxqt.jpg

That's just not fair ... why can't we get snowed in down in SC so I can cook all day?

I love it. Cooks like a champ

I have 2 days that I rolled over from last year that I have to use before the end of next month, so I'm going to take them on a Thursday and Friday and cook all day both days.

Yea, I'm not real happy about this. You people in KC are hoggin' all the good snow.

It's raining in STL right now and the forcast is five more days of sloppy slush mixed with rain. With temps near 40, there's no chance any of it will stick. So while you're "stuck" at home BBQing drinking cocktails, I'll be stuck at work looking at threads like this one.

I sure hope you're happy with yourself. Bah.

:tsk::tsk::tsk: We dont need no snow, just call in sick or something :wink:

Haha I don't really want any snow at this point. Nobody down here can drive it, and everything shuts down.

At this point, I just want some more cold weather so the mosquittos and other bugs die and aren't as bad as they've been the last 2 years.

^^ Deeper...(depending how tall you are :))

Fortunately (???) I've got the capability to work from here. Took a break to clear the snow off the drive, and the smokers...lighting a fire would be a great way to spend today. Enjoy!

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

Well its afternoon, got the drive cleared. Time for some shine.:yo:

After 3.5hrs butt is at 162, smoker at 264. Right on time for a 6pm dinner. Threw another butt on for my neighbor. He brought a snow blower over (said he couldn't stand watching me break my back). Now it's shine and cherry coke zero time. Life is good.

photoqz.jpg

great pictures how much charcoal was needed to complete the bbq and what was the temperature. i used to cook in NY with -10 f overnight butts and ribs thats why i left to arizona . make alot of spicy tom yom soup now see below
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Attachments

• Photo on 6-27-12 at 2.22 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 6-27-12 at 2.22 PM #2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 66
got a quistion .. I pulled my but at 145 degres and wraped it in foil for 20 minutes. you say 205 was i wrong . it was moist .

great pictures how much charcoal was needed to complete the bbq and what was the temperature. i used to cook in NY with -10 f overnight butts and ribs thats why i left to arizona . make alot of spicy tom yom soup now see below
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

I load the Akorn with half a bag of royal oak so 4-5lbs. After a 8hr cook I still had a third left. Not bad with the temp at 27-32 degrees with snow and sleet coming down all day. I held 245-275 all day. Wind was gusty.

got a quistion .. I pulled my but at 145 degres and wraped it in foil for 20 minutes. you say 205 was i wrong . it was moist .

Glad it turned out. On my boston butts, I usually pull them off at 195-205 internal temp. I find the fat is rendered and it pulls very easily. When I smoke a pork loin I goto 150-165.

KingofTheCoals wrote:

"Now it's shine and cherry coke zero time."

So, I'm wondering. I've been watching Moonshiners recently and noticed that my local Sam's club carries the brand you have. Is it a close representation of 'shine?

Curious Yankees want to know!

Back