There's No Place Like Home-

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Up early everything put back in its place, vehicle cleaned up, etc etc. Decided a pork picnic should fill the air today. All my cookers are clean and Think I'll use my
"plug & play" cooker. Christmas slather and a Frankenrub.

Last edited:
I followed a similar path this morning. Nothing like early morning smoke and coffee.

Waiting to see what you do with that butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My Bride, first thing will begin filling a tortilla dipping in natural juices. Straight up at times at times with a lime.

Welcome home.

I see all sorts of deliciousness in your not-so-distant future.

Garden still producing. Habaneros, shisheeto, sport, tomato, mini purple bells, cucumber and cilantro. Also have some big Jim and a NM alpha numeric I can’t recall I’m going to let those ride and pick and roast fresh as I go

Last edited:
So I have the picnic sitting on a grate dripping into a pan of beer. When the fat cap starts to crack I’ll remove the grate, sit the picnic in the beer drippings and add a can of chipotle in adobo. Or Chipotle Salsa whichever I have in the pantry.

Cook snack of Cajun Stop Boudin party balls. Picnic Temp hit 178 per Thermapen so added a beer and chipotle salsa (blue can)
Covered in foil, dial set to 300 and Inkbird Bluetooth remote inserted. Headed for 200-205

Last edited:
Love where this is headed.

What's the plan with her after the post-rest chop or pull or whatever?

High Plains Cuban Knockoff for sure. Tacos are a given. Green Chile stew. Wife makes a a dish with every deep colored veggie she can find and stir fries in quinoa and adds smoked meat. I like it on top of a chaffle. Only occasionally with a BBQ sauce. She has a friend who likes spicy smoked meats but her husband prefers bland due to health so we'll fix her up a nice zip lock of seasoned pork.

Back