Mother of all block party threads and an over worked jimmy

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This is a continuation of the 44 lbs of butt on a jumbo joe grill http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215128 and the block party.

Butts 5 1/2 hours cook hanging start to finish, the 12 lbs of breast and thighs hung in the jimmy but no pics..sorry, it was a busy day!

A ton of Koegel hot dogs...1/2 in the jimmy and 1/2 cooking over the rotisserie wings.

Started out 7:30 AM all by my lonesome.

Neighbor girls taking care of my boy Tucker

Best chicken breast EVER!!!

BBQ thighs and Koegels hotdogs

Just dropping off a meat carving knife! :laugh:

Last edited:
That food looks downright amazing. The little jimmy that could! It looks like you all had a really great time. Thanks for all the cools pics

Well done Keith!! Larger cooks can stressful. I always want to time everything just right. Looks like you nailed it bro.

Great share! Thanky. Food looks spectacular, croud most def having fun...way cool.

That's awesome Keith, it's always fun drinking on public property, and an overworked jimmy is always a good thing!

Well done Keith!! Larger cooks can stressful. I always want to time everything just right. Looks like you nailed it bro.
Thanks Decoy! Hard work for sure. lol

Most proud of the chicken breast....Jaccard, brine for a few hours, jimmy hung and butter, chicken stock plus red cooking wine. OMG words don't describe!

Awesome job Keith! Thanks for all the photos!
So how was Jimmy with it packed with that much pork and all the drippings?

Awesome job Keith! Thanks for all the photos!
So how was Jimmy with it packed with that much pork and all the drippings?
I'm sure glad I used the jimmy because cook was only 5.5 hours...i cooked hot! I ran out of fuel and just added a 50/50 chimney to finish...put them in the cooler for a few hours and pulled.

The drippings sure flashed on the diffuser....great smoke to share with the neighbors! LOL

Aint NO way i'd hang that much pork without a diffuser... DO NOT try this on a PBC.

That is an epic cook, brother! Looks like some amazing food with some great folks.

My "Outlaws'" neighborhood isn't exactly that tight... no block parties 'round there. *sigh*

I just wish every neighborhood in America could be that happy and well fed.

Kind of funny. I looked at this thread. Didn't know you were from Fort Wayne. Looked at the first pic, then thought "boy, that looks like Alabama Avenue". Then I keep scrolling, and realize it is. First house I ever bought after I got married is in those photos. 1815. I think it's green now. It was tan and red when I lived there. Sure didn't have any Street parties like that when I lived there. Small world.

Great post picks and food. Looks like a good time was had by all!
It sure was a great time....after parties until the wee hours so clean up will come later! :laugh:

Nice work. Glad it turned out well.
Thanks Bob...lots of work for sure. I wish i took more of the hanging cook, i did all the breast on single hooks on one rebar and boneless BBQ thighs on the other but i doubled them up on the hooks....very pretty setup. Used 17 hooks

I just wish every neighborhood in America could be that happy and well fed.
It really helps bring us all closer together!

That is an epic cook, brother! Looks like some amazing food with some great folks.

My "Outlaws'" neighborhood isn't exactly that tight... no block parties 'round there. *sigh*
It's a good "05" old school neighborhood...really like it here!

Kind of funny. I looked at this thread. Didn't know you were from Fort Wayne. Looked at the first pic, then thought "boy, that looks like Alabama Avenue". Then I keep scrolling, and realize it is. First house I ever bought after I got married is in those photos. 1815. I think it's green now. It was tan and red when I lived there. Sure didn't have any Street parties like that when I lived there. Small world.
OMG, it is a small world!

This is our 4th annual combined block party and it's getting better every year. We're doing the block south ...and up to the block North of the school.

Back