Where to get long edge guards for sharp kitchen knives?

wahoowad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We have an eclectic mix of kitchen knives. My main set is in a butcher block holder and that is fine. But we also have a drawer where we put other knives that aren't used as much, and this drawer is an accident waiting to happen. I'd like to buy some of these plastic 'edge guard' products but Amazon has them in sets where the sizes aren't very helpful.

I'd prefer to buy X feet of it so I can cut it to fit my longer knives but haven't seen it for sale like this. Anybody know of a supplier? Or in lieu of that, a place to get inexpensive sets? Cheap quality is fine as all my knives are cheap.

edgeguard5.jpg

If you want to save some money go buy you 5 ft roll of 1/4" clear water hose and cut to length and then split it. Once complete just slip over the edge of the knife.

"If you want to save some money go buy you 5 ft roll of 1/4" clear water hose and cut to length and then split it. Once complete just slip over the edge of the knife."

There ya go... but I live under the motto of "Cheap is best, but free is better"

Back