Sucklebusters Chili Kits-BOGO 🌶🌶

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just a fire starter on a lunar eclipse blood wolf moon kind of day.

Sucklebusters has their two pound chili kits BOGO plus shipping on their website.

Thanks, Adams. I've been so impressed with Sucklebusters SPG that I planned to come back. Been thinking about chili for a few days now so I bought 3 (6). Getting the chuck roast tomorrow.

Here’s their recipe. It’s solid. I usually go 1.5# sometimes 2# beef and up to 1# of breakfast sausage per kit. jD-Owens Brahms. Beans?? Usually no, I am not scared to toss a half can of frijoles. See his notes about if not the beans then use the bean juices. Another successful hack is to add Fritos bean dip. Last hack if it’s too thin add a quarter cup of grits. Grits-Bean Dip-Bean Juices they are invisible. 9/10 times Ill add chopped roasted green chile. I like to buy the mild and add my own heat.

https://www.sucklebusters.com/texas-chili-recipe

I love beans in my chili but I've been doing keto for two months so I will skip the beans. Everything else is game on.

Just a fire starter on a lunar eclipse blood wolf moon kind of day.

Sucklebusters has their two pound chili kits BOGO plus shipping on their website.

I didn't see that mentioned on the website.
Is there a code?

Somehow I just can't get my head around adding tomato soup and especially bell peppers to Chili.

Regardless, how does it compare to other popular chili mixes, like Carol Shelby's or Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm?

Somehow I just can't get my head around adding tomato soup and especially bell peppers to Chili.

Regardless, how does it compare to other popular chili mixes, like Carol Shelby's or Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm?

I don’t do tomato soup. Sometimes fire roasted tomatoes and always green chile. My liquids include stock beef or chicken, smoking drippings coffee Shiner Beer and or water any combination of the above or any one. I have been known to add Spicy V8 to thin. What I learned most from the recipe is the addition of breakfast sausage. I use it in addition to not in lieu of other meats. As for the two you mentioned it’s been to long. My current stash of mixes are Williams no salt and Mortons. Neither have flour nor sugar Morton’s has salt listed second after Chili pepper and before Cumin

I must be missing something, because that's expensive for chili powder, to me.

I’m actually quite pleased with Williams no salt and Morton’s. As Well Gebhardts and my Mexican Spices. I had started making it to hot for The Bride. I pretty much need a bold mild pot of chili and then I spice up my bowl. I’m looking at trying Mild Bills next. Sucklebusters is not cheap but to me it’s a great value at half price. Cool company to support as well. I’ll order the mild- perhaps 4X4.

I’ve used Campbell’s tomato soup before and I just can’t get real excited about the way it mellows the chili flavor and makes it almost sweet. I usually use DelMonte SW diced tomatoes or El Pato.

I use regular ground beef when I make chili. If I were to grind my own, what size grind plate = chili meat?

Thanks!

I use ground beef venison etc. breakfast sausage and often brisket, preferably the point. But I’ll work with flat too.

Last edited:
I swore my local store stocked this item. Went in today to pick it up so I could have chili for the cold day tomorrow and found I was wrong. Ended up finding Jardine's chili kit at a liquor store instead. Same basic recipe as Sucklebusters. Figure I will used diced tomatoes in place of the soup. Rotel instead of the bell peppers. Smoked logs of sausage and ground beef. And a crock pot in lieu of the normal cooking method because I can take the pot to the office in the morning. So basically I am not following much of the recipe at all.

Back