MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
AlanK
Got Wood.

Default Best Smoking Method for Weber Summit Charcoal Grill

I just bought a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and a Slow n Sear. Is it better to use the baffle plate that comes with the WSCG or the SnS to smoke?
Thanks,
Alan
AlanK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
DefTaker
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Tony

I don't think you need the SNS with a WSCG...it's a kamado cooker so you can just use the baffle. Look for Justin's video on youtube (aka Baby Back Maniac), he'll show you how he uses his.
DefTaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Baffle plate, unless your just doing a couple of chickens, then the Weber baskets work great.

Old Oklahoma Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Jumbo Smokey Joe
Weber Classic Premium (Jessi)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
GMG Daniel Boone

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

I gave the Weber baskets away and just use the SnS or the Weber Diffuser Plate depending on what I am cooking. Using the WSCG, if I added it up, I probably Reverse Sear about 70% of the time, Direct Grill about 20% of the time, and truly smoke about 10% of the time. Most of the time when I am truly smoking, I do a bunch, so I use my cabinet for that. If I am going to reverse sear anything, I use the SnS (burgers, steaks, sausages, chicken).

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
Daniel Smith
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Daniel

I was going to buy it, but not sure yet. Grill is amazing but the price is just not in line of what else you can buy.
Is it that much better than the joe for the money , which one would you recommend out of the two?
Also, does it have a port for a bbq guru fan?
Daniel Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
70monte
is one Smokin' Farker

The Weber Summit does have a port for a Guru. Which Joe are you referring to? It's expensive but most everyone who owns one seems to really like it.

Old 09-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
cumminfourya
Got rid of the matchlight.

I have the Weber summit charcoal grill center and love it. I to thought about getting a slow and sear but figured it couldn’t be much better than just using the diffuser plate. I saved the money and have been very happy just using the diffuser. It will run a LONG time if you put the charcoal grate as low as it will go and fill the the bottom with charcoal. I’ve smoked 6 butts for 16hrs and it was still about half full of unlit charcoal. And as mentioned, yes it has a hole for the guru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cumminfourya is offline   Reply With Quote