• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Master Class with Aaron Franklin

I bought this last night and watched a few hours. Absolutely worth it in my opinion. Just an unbelievable amount of knowledge. Btw it was $90 in total for all of the Franklin videos. I think most people on here would really dig the classes. I’d pay a lot more than $90, now that I know the info that he covers.

Wow...Keller, Ramsay AND Franklin? Not to mention the others...

Love Thomas Keller. Some friends of mine and I made his fois gras terrine and it was one of if not the best thing I ever ate.

Retirement in August - may sign up then.

I went ahead and bought the single class. I have to admit, I am now a Franklin Fan. The guy is just really good at teaching and presenting things.

I watched the first 5 already. Sure, a lot of things I already knew or heard before but definitely some new things also. It does seem more in depth than his other videos. Nice to see his passion and setup. Seems like a great guy to have a few beers with in the backyard. Sure to put you in your BBQ Happy Place.

I bought the class. I’ll update once I finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finished up to the brisket trim and I have to say the series up to this point is worthwhile. He does a really good job explaining the why of what he is doing and what he’s trying to accomplish. He comes across very unassuming and without any ego. You genuinely get he is giving you everything he knows and not trying to sell you something. I also like the fact this is not geared to the competition cook. No radical trims or injections or over the top seasonings. I’m happy I signed up for it.

I'm actually pretty tempted here...anymore reviews? For those who have watched the whole series do you feel like the tips / tricks are going to enhance your briskets?

I bought it as well. I made a pork butt exactly as he did last night... though I cooked mine similar to what he stated there is a technique he uses on almost all his cooks that makes a big difference in the end product in my opinion... also I have never put just straight S&P&P on a pork butt but dang was it tasty with some Carolina vinegar sauce and coke slaw! I will say for the money the class is worth it and you own it for life and can even download the whole class.

I bought it as well. I made a pork butt exactly as he did last night... though I cooked mine similar to what he stated there is a technique he uses on almost all his cooks that makes a big difference in the end product in my opinion... also I have never put just straight S&P&P on a pork butt but dang was it tasty with some Carolina vinegar sauce and coke slaw! I will say for the money the class is worth it and you own it for life and can even download the whole class.

Does he cover anything about the finishing sauce that he uses for Pulled pork? Its great and I haven't been able to completely nail it down. I would gladly pay the $90 if it'll get my PP to the level of what he serves.

Does he cover anything about the finishing sauce that he uses for Pulled pork? Its great and I haven't been able to completely nail it down. I would gladly pay the $90 if it'll get my PP to the level of what he serves.

No mention of any sauce on pulled pork. Just S&P. He sticks with his "I just use S&P on everything" story and a little Hungarian paprika on the pork butt.

He does make up a bbq sauce in the video and the recipe is given but it is for his ribs. I don’t know if it is the same as what is for the pulled pork. Will have to go back and watch.

I'm actually pretty tempted here...anymore reviews? For those who have watched the whole series do you feel like the tips / tricks are going to enhance your briskets?

If your a fan of Aaron and his cooking, I think you’ll be more than happy with it. I took the most away from the brisket trimming and slicing section. It’s just good stuff. He talks a little bit about meat selection, which I think is also valuable. I think for most people, the easiest way to improve their brisket, is to find a consistent source of high quality beef.

Back