Reverse Sear Tri Tip

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Lightly coated with Olive Oil, seasoned with Carne Crosta smoked at 225 until IT hit 125 then taken off the grill for about 10 minutes to let the grill come up to temp and seared at 500+

uqrGDN2.jpg

bSPSZEa.jpg

mLIIdtR.jpg

4xUVW7r.jpg

Roasted some Red Skins as a side, drizzled with Olive Oil, seasoned with BPS Jalapeño seasoning salt and thew on some shaved Parmesan.

NjtZXrr.jpg

Leftovers :grin:

viSsNdp.jpg

Fantastic cool!! All done on the MAK? If yes, did you use cast iron for the sear?

Fantastic cool!! All done on the MAK? If yes, did you use cast iron for the sear?
It was cooked on the MAK, I did actually think about using my Lodge Griddle but passed and just seared over the Flame Zone. Removed the front cover of the FZ before the cook, smoked on the top grate, then seared over the FZ. Easy Peasy.

It was cooked on the MAK, I did actually think about using my Lodge Griddle but passed and just seared over the Flame Zone. Removed the front cover of the FZ before the cook, smoked on the top grate, then seared over the FZ. Easy Peasy.

But I thought pellet grills can’t sear? ;)

Looks Great Kevin, 225-500 in 10 min. is impressive I can't do that

If you look up tri tip in the BBQ encyclopedia it’d look just like that. Well played.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back