• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Was Going To Enter the Steak Throwdown but...

Believe what you will, I vote for the one I would most want to eat. Doesn't matter to me who's entry that happens to be. I've noticed some people vote for their own entry every time, others, myself included always vote for someone else's entry. I figure I've already tasted mine and I want to taste... THAT ONE.

I have noticed that the quality of photos does matter, mine have gotten better over the years. But I still post some lousy ones every now & then.

I didn’t think of it before but it’s a ribeye throwdown not just any steak :thumb: so even if your flame thrower was working it was the wrong cut for the TD anyways.

Whoa! I always thought the tenderloin was the center cut of the ribeye. That's wrong? Just asking. This is the reason I'm on this fine site, to learn.

Whoa! I always thought the tenderloin was the center cut of the ribeye. That's wrong? Just asking. This is the reason I'm on this fine site, to learn.

Nope, the tenderloin comes from here:

beef-cuts.png

The “ribeye” is from the section labeled “rib”.

And filet mignon is a way of cutting a steak out of a particular part of the tenderloin. What you have is a tenderloin steak, basically they cut the whole tenderloin into steaks which includes the part that by itself would be “filet mignon”.

Beef-Tenderloin-Butchering-1024x686.jpg

Buying the whole tenderloin and breaking it down yourself is a great way to save a little money if you’re adventurous. Often you can buy the whole tenderloin for just a little more than you’d pay for 4 steaks, you get filet mignon, a couple roasts, the “chain” (great for skewers or grinding), etc.

The good news is that beef tenderloin is delicious AND there’s still plenty of time to cook a ribeye before the throwdown ends :thumb:

Last edited:
You actually believe people vote for the submitter and not the submission? I assure you that is not the case. I don’t always vote for the winning submission but the most deserving entry tends to come out on top.

Honestly i do. And if it's not the case as you say, then making the entries anonymous until the votes are in should not be a problem.

Honestly i do. And if it's not the case as you say, then making the entries anonymous until the votes are in should not be a problem.
You ain't one of them flat earthers are ya? Besides, you'd still be able to figure out who cooked what by looking in QTalk. Did you by chance enter once and get a zero? Your life won't be complete until you enter and end up with a Dilly Bar. I have received several.

Dude, you've only entered one throwdown, you didn't win and now it's suddenly a conspiracy? You had a duck colored with that bright red char-sui coloring on a bed of lettuce. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I voted for someone else, not even the winning entry.

Mike, sorry for the hijacking. I'm done now.

Dude, you've only entered one throwdown, you didn't win and now it's suddenly a conspiracy? You had a duck colored with that bright red char-sui coloring on a bed of lettuce. Sorry, not my cup of tea. I voted for someone else, not even the winning entry.

Mike, sorry for the hijacking. I'm done now.

I entered one throwdown, and i wasn't expecting to win, but i went back and looked at other throwdowns and maybe its not a conspiracy but to me it seems like its a popular vote contest.

And, by the way, the Earth is flat, how could it be round, we would all have motion sickness if it was moving....

And, by the way, the Earth is flat, how could it be round, we would all have motion sickness if it was moving....[/QUOTE]

boy sure feel bad for all those car drivers. moving along all sickly like that. wow imagine if you were near the edge, you might fly off sickly.
Oh well.

Hey Mike!

You can put a crust on those steaks by heating a seasoned cast iron skillet in the oven to 500*F. No need to leave the AC.

I like the tail

Back