If your ever in south Louisiana

Whodat985

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Look up The Boudin Trail. Around the Lafayette area on I-10. I suggest taking some time an hitting the boudin trail. It’s a bunch of meat markets in the area that sell all kinds of fresh items from fried pepper jack boudin ball to stuffed pork loins to stuffed chickens. The family an I took the ride today an stocked up on so item. It’s was a blast. Y’all will be impressed with the markets I promise. Most of the markets have been around for ever.

Ps I know it not BBQ sorry

Attachments

• 3DF871D4-E183-4BD1-93F1-22D905BFAB80.jpg
    3DF871D4-E183-4BD1-93F1-22D905BFAB80.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 80F4ED2A-B192-411F-B0BC-96DB9281382B.jpg
    80F4ED2A-B192-411F-B0BC-96DB9281382B.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 204
SW La. has the best boudin.

I’d have to agree but we have bourgeoise meat market here in thibodaux that beats every place we visited today. Could possibly be because I’ve eaten theirs all my life. An their jerky is world known

If it's not Billy's or Kartschner's right there on 190 that it isn't the best. Billy's egg rolls are hard to beat.

I'm a die hard Mowata fan. Last time I went into Bubba Frey's establishment I bought 100# and a hot link to go.

Mike (Happy Hapgood) brings some great boudin from Louisiana to our Texas bashes and I sure do like me some boudin!

Another Billy's fan here. I used to prefer Ronnies in Opelousas, but he's no longer is in business. I'm a yankee, but I've got probably 3-4 yrs in La a month or so at a time. Got relatives in NOLA, Lafayette, & Opelousas My wife & I call ourselves the West Coast Chapter of the WhoDat Nation. Geaux Saints

Went to USL in ‘82-84- from Monroe- on the way down I would stop at a food truck on side of road in Washington and have the Best Boudin I have ever eaten. Rumor has it the guy who sold out of that truck now has a couple thriving meat markets in the area. Found that out with in the past year!

Back