MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
MountainMan
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pellet re order

I'm in need of re ordering my pellet supply.

I tend to use ONE kind of pellets and I am leaning to Hickory or Mesquite for maximum flavor.

My choices are:
CookShack
Cookinpellets
Lumberjack

Any thoughts?

TNX

Old 08-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
DHowardSmoke
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Howie

I can’t speak to Cookshack but I’ve used both Lumberjack and Cookinpellets. I found Cookinpellets hickory puts noticeably more smoke flavor on the food. I’ve tried a few different brands, usually because I could save a buck, and have always gone back to Cookinpellets.
DHowardSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Have never tried Cookshack pellets.

Have burned lots of Lumberjack but actually experienced flameouts with them on a semi-regular basis.

Currently burning Bear Mountain and really like them.

When my stash of Bear Mountain runs out, I plan on returning to my all-time favorite... Cookin’ Pellets Perfect Mix. Although I have never burned their Hickory, I can only imagine it would be top notch. When I order from them, I do so directly though their website by placing a mini-bulk order. Typically 15 40lb bags is what I go for... :)

Old 08-18-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

We’ve settled on Lumber Jack Competition blend, really happy with it! Lumber Jack is USA made with no binders.

Old Oklahoma Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Jumbo Smokey Joe
Weber Classic Premium (Jessi)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
GMG Daniel Boone

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
Westx
is One Chatty Farker

I have been using Lumberjack since I got my PG and really like the flavor I get. I use the MHC blend, 100% Hickory and 100% Cherry. I would try Cookingpellets but closest supplier is 50 miles away and I am not paying shipping.
24x42 Shirley Fabrication Elevated/Straight back patio model with warmer
Assassin 36” Pellet Grill

Wes
Westx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
Bucknekked
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

Cookin' Pellets perfect mix. I ordered a couple of 40 pound bags. They burn clean and last a little longer than the brands I was burning before. Very pleased with them. I could recommend them as a staple.

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
mike243
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Lumber Jack is my favorite, never a flame out and good temps

Thanks from:--->