MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:19 AM   #256
smoke ninja
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm set after last clearance season

pit boss copperhead- $199 sold for what I paid after playing around for a few months

pit boss classic- $199 sits on the front porch, used for quick meals and overflow on larger cooks

barrel house cooker- $90 I was pleasantly surprised by this one. figured I'd use a few times and take it up north for vacations. after I got the hang of it I fell in love. simple to use, great fuel mileage and hanging food is fun presentation.

Help us raise funds to feed our Veterans and Homeless HERE

www.gofundme.com/2s8fv5qs
smoke ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #257
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post
barrel house cooker- $90 I was pleasantly surprised by this one. figured I'd use a few times and take it up north for vacations. after I got the hang of it I fell in love. simple to use, great fuel mileage and hanging food is fun presentation.
Yeah, Noah from Pit Barrel has a great design! Those BHC guys at least picked the right patent to steal!

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #258
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

I'm seeing those lodge dual handle pans for $7.00 at my local wally's.. should I go on a run

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #259
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
I'm seeing those lodge dual handle pans for $7.00 at my local wally's.. should I go on a run
I love my dual handle Lodge. I use it more like a skillet, but it is so much easier to carry especially with liquid. For $7, I'd buy a couple more.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-31-2019, 06:36 PM   #260
16Adams

When you need a “kiss of mesquite “

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...r?sku=23591310
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #261
16Adams

My Wal-Mart has these $54.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone...ddle/805843608

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #262
happyappy
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke ninja View Post

pit boss copperhead- $199 sold for what I paid after playing around for a few months

pit boss classic- $199 sits on the front porch, used for quick meals and overflow on larger cooks

I agree with you on the Barrel House cooker. I was lucky enough to pick one up for $45 and love it. I'm sure I'll get flamed over this statement, but I like it better than the PBC. Much easier to load the charcoal since the barrel lifts off the base; and the grilling set up is better. It's my go to smoker now...
happyappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #263
SlickRockStones
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Gary

PB Copperhead 5 pellet smokers At Walmart’s in SW Florida are $299 on BS.
SlickRockStones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #264
dward51
On the road to being a farker

I scored one for $223 a week ago, but there are some stores with it for $199 now. None near me though. If you are looking for one of these, it looks like the post July 4th end of summer markdown has started, so keep watching Brickseek daily in your area (for a Copperhead 5 and other BBQ clearance items).
dward51 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #265
stckciv
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Checked my local store and they have them for $25. I already have one but could make for good Xmas gifts.
stckciv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #266
dward51
On the road to being a farker

I'll start watching those portable griddles. Would work in the travel trailer and like stckciv said, make a great Xmas gift for my son-in-law.
dward51 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #267
Hot Spot
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Bob

I wish I could get one of those Barrel House Cookers for that much.

Old 08-05-2019, 05:03 AM   #268
16Adams

Pit Boss Whiskey Still Pellet Cooker discount. Interesting looking cooker. 199$ with 5 year warranty??? Reviews are scattered

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=578111017

Last edited by 16Adams; 08-05-2019 at 06:52 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #269
sewerrat
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Pit Boss Whiskey Still Pellet Cooker discount. Interesting looking cooker. 199$ with 5 year warranty??? Reviews are scattered

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=578111017
I got one a couple weeks ago when my local Walmart had it marked down to $125, then the local manager took $100 off because of damage to the box and he basically wanted it off the shelf. The unit itself was fine . . .so I walked out the store with it for $25.

It's a great little cooker if you are used to cooking on drums, WSM, etc or like to cook in pans. The reason I say that is the meat is hard to access once its in the cooker. The shelves don't slide out. If you are person who likes to spritz, mop, dust, whatever, then this isn't the cooker for you.

I did 3 pork butts this weekend at 225 and the smoker never wavered more than 10-15 degrees over the entire 13 hour cook. Came out fantastic. Hopper is easy to refill.
sewerrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #270
charrederhead
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Pete

This evening, at WalMart, in a display of immense willpower (or idiocy, can't decide which) I passed on their last 36 inch Blackstone display model w/ box, priced at $120.

In my defense, I already have one (front grease) it was missing the push button ignitor, and, AND, it was POURING outside.