North Scottsdale AZ

gsmith

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Heading to the Scottsdale Marriot at McDowall Mountain area the second week of November.
Will have the ride from the airport on Thursday to the hotel then Sunday afternoon & evening to look for something to eat.
Any places I shouldn't miss? Doesn't have to be barbeque but I would like it fairly close as I don't want to spend too much time in the car on this trip.

Thanks

So no one here has eaten anything in Scottsdale AZ? Or no one here has eaten anything noteworthy in Scottsdale AZ? I am in the latter category.

Little Miss BBQ near the University, Starlite BBQ in Scottsdale. I'd skip The Thumb, and Phat Turtle. Alto restaurante in Scottsdale for Italian, Bandelero Cocina for Mex/Southwest. Lots of great breakfast places depending where you are. Enjoy!

According to my nephew we are going to Jalapeno Inferno on Thursday.
Little Miss BBQ for lunch on Friday.
Dinner from Someburros on Friday night.
Food from Tacos El Buen Guston on Saturday night.
That leaves Sunday night open

I haven't been to Scottsdale since my mom moved from there 20+ years ago, so not a lot of help. When I visit Tucson, I always make a trip to La Parrilla Suiza for Mexico City style Mexican food. I usually order a The original location is on Speedway, which I used to frequent when I was a kid in the 70s. They have a few other locations in Tucson now and one in Mesa, which isn't too far away from you:

http://laparrillasuiza.com/

If longevity is any indicator, the food is pretty good.

For what it's worth, I usually get the champinones Suizos (#11) for an appetizer, Chilaquiles (#33) and Parrillada de pollo (#37) -- I don't get there very often, so I completely stuff myself. I also have a soft spot for the pechuga Suiza or chuleta Suiza (32, 31). It's all pretty good though.

According to my nephew we are going to Jalapeno Inferno on Thursday.
Little Miss BBQ for lunch on Friday.
Dinner from Someburros on Friday night.
Food from Tacos El Buen Guston on Saturday night.
That leaves Sunday night open

Which place do you like the most?

as it turned out we didn't have much time to ourselves.

The food at Jalapeno Inferno was very good. I especially liked the green corn tamale.

The tacos from Tacos El Buen Guston were very good with the steak taco my favorite.

The food highlight of the trip was when my nephew's friend Marcos gifted me 2 dozen tamales his sister had made just for me. They were fantastic.

Back