• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

SNS or ring and diffuser system?

gkoul

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello, good day to all!

Finally I was ready to take the plunge and get the weber master touch and get more seriously into the smoking game with the SNS accessory, which is so highly recommended by many members here and also others, but I noticed the new master touch premium 2019 model here in the other side of the atlantic comes up with the weber’s stainless steel “ring and diffuser” system. Price-wise it comes almost exactly the same and with the premium I also get the cast iron sear grate. I understand this “ring and diffuser” system is the one used in the smokey mountain and probably I will get similar or even superior results than the SNS (and with more smoking space available as well)?

Any thoughts or recommendations which way to go? I would appreciate your feedback

Best Regards

I thought it was pretty cool when I saw it in a video and it took me a while to realize that it was only available over there. The basic design works great in a Kamado so don't see why it wouldn't work well in a kettle -- recognizing that you don't have quite the same level of control on airflow. The extra space it allows would be nice. Two downsides I can think of.

One, not sure how long it will go but refueling would be more of a pain than with the SNS. Two, it's more of a uni-tasker design where the SNS enables smoking but also works really well for other two zone cooking techniques -- though there are other ways to do that without a SNS

Post some cooks if you do go this route -- I haven't seen much yet online

many thanks your feedback, tbh the refueling is not worrying me too much as i plan to use the smoking process mostly after sous vide and i dont think i will really need more than 1.5/2 hours of this to go on...

Back