Anyone a fan of AC Legg's Old Plantation rubs?

Cabin Fever

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was thinking about giving their bbq rubs a try, but I never really see them mentioned on the various forums. I know the company has been around a while. The first ingredient on their traditional bbq rub is salt which is usually a sign for me to stay away, but I thought I'd check here first. Anyone a fan?

I LOVE their breakfast sausage seasonings.

x2 on the sausage and sticks seasonings. Never tried their rubs, but I would expect they are also good based on my experience with their other products.

No experience with their rubs. As mentioned, the breakfast sausage seasoning is outstanding.

I didn't know that they offered BBQ seasonings, but in all of my years in the meat cutting/processing business, Legg's sausage seasoning is all that I have used. It is a bit salty, but we had ratios that we used and it worked great.

I have a bag of AC bbq rub. Used it on some huge chops. Great color sweet and not too salty. Has MSG. Tastes and looks a lot like Adkins Western that I just polished off. At $2.50 for 8oz bag at Grocery Outlet here in Knoxville I’ll probably get more there along with # 10 when I run out. Tilted I know.

Attachments

• 981E6220-8940-4153-9A42-CB1680C336D7.jpg
    981E6220-8940-4153-9A42-CB1680C336D7.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • BC489AB4-84D2-478E-8D7E-EEABDAFD2E52.jpg
    BC489AB4-84D2-478E-8D7E-EEABDAFD2E52.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 65
I didn't know that they offered BBQ seasonings, but in all of my years in the meat cutting/processing business, Legg's sausage seasoning is all that I have used. It is a bit salty, but we had ratios that we used and it worked great.

Ron, would you mind sharing the ratios you used for this? I've been thinking of trying out making breakfast sausage and was planning on using their seasoning

Ron, would you mind sharing the ratios you used for this? I've been thinking of trying out making breakfast sausage and was planning on using their seasoning

The sausage processor I worked for had his own special blend and ratios, and for the life of me, I can't remember his exact measurements (almost 40 years ago). I did look on the AC Legg website to see their recommended instructions, and some have an 8 oz. package for 25 lbs. of meat. That breaks down to 3.125 lbs. meat per 1 oz. of seasoning and on a digital scale:
1oz. =.06, 2oz. =.13, 3oz. =.19, 4oz. =.25, etc. I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

Back