Lone Star 24 x 40 or 48 owners....

He’d do a Shirley but he is using the Lone Star Grillz finance company. He’s already placed the order. Just in the changes phase since he pulled it before talking to me.

I had an LSG 24 x 48 with the single door without the counterweight, no issues at all. I went with the 1/2” FB, it held temp great. They are built like a tank and cook great. You’re not going to beat the build quality.

So doing the single door on the 24x48 is a $600 upgrade. Pretty expensive if you ask me.

For $300 more you can get the 24” vertical smoker option. Is that money better spent? What is the benefit of the vertical smoker?
I'm not a fan of the warmer opposite the fb. Takes up a lot of space and doesn't get hot enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am very happy with my LSG, however if ordering today I most likely would opt for the 30X36 cabinet.

I am very happy with my LSG, however if ordering today I most likely would opt for the 30X36 cabinet.

I looked at the one but don't know enough about this style off smoker. What's your reasoning for liking the cabinet over the pipe? What's the difference between the cabinet and the vertical smoker?

So doing the single door on the 24x48 is a $600 upgrade. Pretty expensive if you ask me.

For $300 more you can get the 24” vertical smoker option. Is that money better spent? What is the benefit of the vertical smoker?

That is expensive! Here's my opinion for what it's worth... I believe ya have two kind of pit builders, those who do it by hand and those who use brakes, cnc tables, cad &cam...solidworks...programs and such.

So if I'm to purchase a pit by the latter I'll look for the most sq. in.of cooking space that suits my need without to many modifications, or options, because somebody has to re-program or reset the tooling...it's fair, but yer paying for it. Pit builders who cut everything by hand can and usually are a bit cheaper on modifications like a single door with a counter weight... I haven't proven it true but here's my thoughts on it...

The hand builder... Is so used to changes, modifications, he doesn't need to re-program a machine...he is the machine and it's his day to day...never gives it a thought...having cnc tables and such would probably cause him more work and he doesn't need them. He thinks himself a creative genius...and rightly so if his pits are selling.

The production builder...amazing design, shorter time frames, but yer gonna pay the cost when a modification puts a hiccup in the production time...still creative, still a solid build, but it takes more than one in a production environment to pull a last minute change or modification vs the guy giving a glance around the shop and saying "Hold my beer, I got 30 minutes till I hit the clock" lol.

Both are excellent, and I owned and used the absolute hell out of a LSG, they make a incredible and beautiful cooker!

My next smoker will be a Shirley though...with a LSG Large Insulated Cabinet...unless Tyler tells me to hold his beer!

I ramble....

-D

My smoker with a single door actually cost less than a double door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the warmer opposite the fb. Takes up a lot of space and doesn't get hot enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Plus with warmer on the firebox you can cook as hot as you like and use for smaller cooks. Do this a lot for chicken. If you do get that get the hanging rods in the warmer.

On the other hypothesis, I would guess LSG is turning enough smokers these days to handle the options they offer without it messing their cost up. That's a big door with a clean, no gasket seal. The 600 included the counter weight right?

Agreed. Plus with warmer on the firebox you can cook as hot as you like and use for smaller cooks. Do this a lot for chicken. If you do get that get the hanging rods in the warmer.

On the other hypothesis, I would guess LSG is turning enough smokers these days to handle the options they offer without it messing their cost up. That's a big door with a clean, no gasket seal. The 600 included the counter weight right?

Yes that includes the counter weight.

Back