Garlic Rosemary Pecan Smoked Lamb Loin Chops

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Found some really nice lamb loin chops at Costco the other day, and decided to marinate them in fresh chopped garlic, rosemary from the garden, salt & pepper, and EVOO.

IMG_0525.jpg

I then placed the chops along with the marinade ingredients in a ziploc so they could soak in the goodness overnight:

IMG_0527.jpg

The next evening, I fired up the kingsford oval, and added a nice chunk of pecan to the hot coals:

IMG_0529.jpg

I then put the chops on the cool side of the grill so they could get some nice smoke flavor:

About 20 mins later, I turned them. At this point the grill thermo read 300:

IMG_0533.jpg

After another ten mins, time to give them a nice finishing sear on the hot side of the grill:

IMG_0534.jpg

I then placed the chops upright to ensure the meat closest to the bone was equally done with the other quadrants of the chops:

IMG_0536.jpg

I then pulled them, and let them rest for about 10 mins, and here they are plated and ready to eat:

IMG_0545.jpg

Thanks for checking out my Lamb Chops!

I'm not a big fan of lamb, but those look great! Maybe your marinade would change my mind.

Very nice.. definitely feel for lamb now!!!

Those are some fine looking lamb chops.
I like the brick wall mod too.

our costco carries lamb chops.... I may have to try these this weekend :clap2:

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Congratulations Moose. You are the third winner of the ALF Award behind Chef Jim and Smoke Jumper.

This award is only given to those brethren who show an appreciation and a care for the treatment of any cut of Lamb in an excellent BBQ'd or Grill'd dish.

Well done!

Bill

Congratulations Moose. You are the third winner of the ALF Award behind Chef Jim and Smoke Jumper.

This award is only given to those brethren who show an appreciation and a care for the treatment of any cut of Lamb in an excellent BBQ'd or Grill'd dish.

Well done!

Bill

Wow, thanks, Bill. Coming from you, that's a major award!

FYI - My Mom's from Australia (I have family scattered all over down under - Perth, Brisbane, Mt. Isa etc)

Been eating lamb since I was a kid, largely in part thanks to her...

Looks great! I cook with lamb a lot when I cook Indian, but I still haven't tried any on the grill. Wifey won't eat lamb or veal (I've never understood that mentality, she will eat eggs, and you can't get any younger than that!). I'll show her these pics and maybe she will get inspired. :-D

Looks great! I cook with lamb a lot when I cook Indian, but I still haven't tried any on the grill. Wifey won't eat lamb or veal (I've never understood that mentality, she will eat eggs, and you can't get any younger than that!). I'll show her these pics and maybe she will get inspired. :-D

Lamb is GREAT on the grill, or cooked over wood. Since you like Indian, I have a great tandoori recipe that would be great for Lamb. I usually use it on chicken, but it certainly would work great on Lamb, too.

Back