MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #16
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Jeff, I'm truly sorry that I was misinterpreted. I've always enjoyed your posts, and was trying to thread a little humor into a slightly helpful reply.

My reference to you and Paul re: speed dial etc was meant to be a compliment since you've had a few of his beautiful cookers in just a few years; making fun of my own envy of you. I'd love to have a SF and will never afford one, so I was poking myself, not you.

Again, I'm sorry if I somehow offended you and would hate to contribute to a valued member like yourself leaving.

Best Regards,
Chris

1 members found this post helpful.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #17
HouseDoc
Full Fledged Farker

They have a factory and store off I 65 south of Montgomery.
Take a big cooler to haul the goodies home.
HouseDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-14-2018, 06:54 AM   #18
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Why do I always feel guilty when someone departs?

All the Conecuh I’ve tried have been perfectly spiced. I can tell a difference, but nothing I recall as hot. Their product to me is worth it for the casing. May be the best I buy.

Last edited by 16Adams; 08-14-2018 at 07:11 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #19
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

None of the Conecuh sausage that I've tried has been overly spicy, even the "Hot".

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #20
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

I find the Cajun to be a tad salty, but, not so much I don't use it in something, just not stand alone....

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #21
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Reach out to Frognot. He brought some to our Bash. I don't remember if it was Cajun. If it was, I am not the one to ask about spiciness. I eat all peppers except for reapers. It was delicious.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #22
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
Is there a store front at their factory or something? I will seriously go there and buy a case if there is. Currently buying 4 pounds at a time from Walmart.

not sure i totally understand the question.... but i can get it by the case most anywhere around Tuscaloosa......in fact i'm carrying 100#'s to New York next week for the big veteran cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
Jeff, I'm truly sorry that I was misinterpreted. I've always enjoyed your posts, and was trying to thread a little humor into a slightly helpful reply.

My reference to you and Paul re: speed dial etc was meant to be a compliment since you've had a few of his beautiful cookers in just a few years; making fun of my own envy of you. I'd love to have a SF and will never afford one, so I was poking myself, not you.

Again, I'm sorry if I somehow offended you and would hate to contribute to a valued member like yourself leaving.

Best Regards,
Chris

i myself took no offense at all... i knew you were just messing around.... i hate Jeff got offended and hope he does not leave this forum... it is beyond any shadow of a doubt in my mind... THE BEST RUN.... MODERATED... informative....forum on the internet... are there some pecker heads arounf here.... of course... i myself have fell in that category before.... i have made a decision.. to try my best to get along with everyone.. and ignore what i do not like... it is hard sometimes.... and I'm sure Phil will have to tighten my backside up with that red pin again at some point.... it just sends me to the corner.. thumb in mouth in the fetal position... i cry a little.... then i just show back up and be a good boy!!!!!!!

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #23
Sopchoppy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseDoc View Post
They have a factory and store off I 65 south of Montgomery.
Take a big cooler to haul the goodies home.
The store is in Evergreen (Conecuh County). They also have bacon which is hard to find elsewhere. It tastes like most other bacon, but too expensive for my wallet. And if you happen to stop by without a cooler, they will gladly sell you a Yeti.

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #24
mike243
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Foodcity carries it here and love the hot to make jambalaya ,may make some this weekend,sugar has been behaving lately

Old 08-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #25
cholloway
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopchoppy View Post
The store is in Evergreen (Conecuh County). They also have bacon which is hard to find elsewhere. It tastes like most other bacon, but too expensive for my wallet. And if you happen to stop by without a cooler, they will gladly sell you a Yeti.
Exit 96, behind McDonald's.
Char-Broil 450 (Purchased new in 1981)
1996 Blue Weber SS Performer
Weber charcoal Go-Anywhere
2 Weber SJSs & modified stock pot Mini-WSM
Weber rotisserie, Rib-O-Lator & Smokenator system
Blackstone Tailgater Combo & STOK Island gasser
cholloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post

Best Regards,
Chris
I am sorry and had a ruff weekend and took things wrong and going through some stuff at home right now and hope we are cool .
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #27
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
Reach out to Frognot. He brought some to our Bash. I don't remember if it was Cajun. If it was, I am not the one to ask about spiciness. I eat all peppers except for reapers. It was delicious.
Glad you liked it, John. It was the Conecuh Original and not spicy at all. Can't get it around here and brought some back from our last trip to TN.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #28
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
I am sorry and had a ruff weekend and took things wrong and going through some stuff at home right now and hope we are cool .
We are way cool, cooler than a polar bear's toenails.
Sometimes I can forget how my smart-assery can come off wrong, so my apologies. I hope things level off for you at home and such. Much love, Brotha!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #29
mbigtoe
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
Glad you liked it, John. It was the Conecuh Original and not spicy at all. Can't get it around here and brought some back from our last trip to TN.
They have great selection of Conecuh sausage at Super 1 Foods in McKinney. At least they did about a month ago - regular, spicy, hickory and Cajun.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 AM   #30
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbigtoe View Post
They have great selection of Conecuh sausage at Super 1 Foods in McKinney. At least they did about a month ago - regular, spicy, hickory and Cajun.
Will check it out. Thanks!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote