Smoked Cabbage

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm smoking gabbage for the OL today.Has anyone tried it yet? i found a recipe for it and did on the charcoal grill before,she liked it but it wasn't done enough.I'm taking some pictures and will try to post the results.BTW she likes fried cabbage also (invented in Chicago i think) :roll:

MrSmoker said:
I'm smoking gabbage for the OL today.Has anyone tried it yet? i found a recipe for it and did on the charcoal grill before,she liked it but it wasn't done enough.I'm taking some pictures and will try to post the results.BTW she likes fried cabbage also (invented in Chicago i think) :roll:
Pray for me Brothers i think i invented something,but i don't think it's editable :?

Hey, maybe you can take it into the house and use it as Men's Potpourri. :mrgreen: I love the smell of smoke. Everyone may look like the smiley I inserted, but I like the smell.

WHOA! Nuthin' is romantic like a good ol' smoked cabbage fart. Mod.

there was a recipe on the NB site that basically called for coring and replacing the core with a stick of butter then wrap in foil. I tried and once. Wasn't very good. The outside leavers were dried out and the inside was raw after several hours.

I know Mista has a fried cabbage recipe I remember seeing a few months back. BTW that cabbage looks great!

The best cooked cabbage is buried cabbage.

What was the recipe you used? I am curious to know what is inside of that lovely, lovely!

The best cooked cabbage is buried cabbage.
Kim Chee
style : Korean

Ingredients:

3-4 lbs. nappa cabbage*, sliced into 1 1/2"

pieces

1/3 cup salt

1 cup daikon, julienned

1/2 cup carrots, shredded (optional)

1-3 tbsp. red pepper powder

(as hot as you like it) mixed with 1 to 3 tbsp. of

hot water

1 tsp. paprika (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced

2 tbsp. ginger, minced

1 to 2 tbsp. Salt

1 tsp. Sugar

1 tsp. Patis (fish sauce) (optional)

green onion, chopped (optional)

Mix it together put in a crock and bury out back for at least one month or in your fridge but its a bitch to bury it :wink:

We make Kim Chee with lots of hot peppers. Very tasty. No burying involved. But after-effects can be similar to eating too many jalapeno peanuts.

I've heard of making Kim moan, scream, etc but what sort of sound is "chee"?

The one marks referring to i used pretty frequently a while back and though it was decent. Core it from the top, about 3/4 thru and replace it with a stick of butter. I rolled the butter in seasoning first(think i used southern flavor). Also rubbed the entrie outside with a stick of same seasoned butter that was softened in the microwave and then seperated the leaves a little bit and put some chopped garlic in it and layed it on some aluminum foil. Sprayed the whole thing with whatever i had in my spray bottle, ususally apple juice then loosly wrapped it leaving a little bit of the very top where the butter was exposed and then poured some water down into the foil . Cooked it close to the heat till it was soft. Took about 2 hours. only the very top dried out a litte bit. i removed from the foil and just cut it up and mixed it together. Was pretty good, but you can probably do the same technique in the oven with higher temps and cook it faster.

That was bacon and onions cooked in butter and mixed with BBQ sauce.Tasted good just still raw inside.I'm going to keep trying but i think i'll use a smoked fattie next time. I have fried it before with sauage and was Ok. Just trying to please the OL after the mustard deal. BTW the gas wasn't as bad as Jap Nuts :twisted:

I thought it was a farking cake. Talk about problems with the eyes. :roll:

tommykendall said:
I thought it was a farking cake. Talk about problems with the eyes. :roll:

LMAO!! .... thats classic!! ...
tommy bro.. u gotta see the eye dr.

I thought you wrote farting cake, which I imagine would be the result.

Back