Walmart B&B Lump Charcoal Price

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is it that good a charcoal for the price?

j8wePBb.jpg

When charcoal starts costing more than a prime brisket, it's time to refill the gasser.

Every store in my area is out of BnB lump. I'm betting this is a third party vendor selling through walmart's Canadian website. If I were able to tell the future, one of two things would happen if you ordered this. The bag you receive will be severely damaged, or you would be notified it was out of stock and prompted to pick a suitable over priced replacement product. There are lots of vendors selling over priced products via the walmart website(s).

BnB products are highly rated by us folks down in the USA, I'm not sure if they even import to Canada though. Personally, I would look for something else that isn't going to make you bend over with no Vaseline. I've heard there are several companies up in your neck of the woods that make good quality Maple lump.

Every store in my area is out of BnB lump. I'm betting this is a third party vendor selling through walmart's Canadian website. If I were able to tell the future, one of two things would happen if you ordered this. The bag you receive will be severely damaged, or you would be notified it was out of stock and prompted to pick a suitable over priced replacement product. There are lots of vendors selling over priced products via the walmart website(s).

BnB products are highly rated by us folks down in the USA, I'm not sure if they even import to Canada though. Personally, I would look for something else that isn't going to make you bend over with no Vaseline. I've heard there are several companies up in your neck of the woods that make good quality Maple lump.

There is a maple lump charcoal you can buy here that is made in Quebec, Canada. It comes in a 8 kg bag for $25 CAN. It is sold by Canadian Tire. I’ve never tried it, but it has mixed reviews.

I’m not into the lump charcoal thing (yet), only the briquettes. Basically that leaves me with Kingsford, Weber, Royal Oak and Jealous Devil. With Weber apparently going to be a thing of the past and Jealous Devil being expensive ($20 for 10 lb) it doesn’t leave me much options for briquettes. There seems to be lots of Weber to be found here now but I don’t have the room to stockpile it and actually purchasing large amounts of charcoal is not in my budget right now.

I have never seen B&B on the shelves here for purchase, so I think it is safe to assume it’s not sold here in Canada.

Beware of the third party vendors on the Walmart website (Canadian one anyway). I sent their customer service department a msg and did one of their surveys warning them about it for their own good. It's crazy, just do a search for charcoal and you come up with all kinds of $60 to $90, or now $100+ for a regular bag of charcoal. They are all third party vendors, not Walmart themselves.

Their website now is kind of like Amazon. A lot of stuff that shows up in searches is from third party vendors, and it's always at the top of the list. Really annoying!

Beware of the third party vendors on the Walmart website (Canadian one anyway). I sent their customer service department a msg and did one of their surveys warning them about it for their own good. It's crazy, just do a search for charcoal and you come up with all kinds of $60 to $90, or now $100+ for a regular bag of charcoal. They are all third party vendors, not Walmart themselves.

Their website now is kind of like Amazon. A lot of stuff that shows up in searches is from third party vendors, and it's always at the top of the list. Really annoying!

I noticed that on the Wally World website/app. $70 for 20 lb bag of Kingsford Original. Who are they trying to kid?

Yep, its super annoying, I'm shopping at Walmart, i don't want to shop at Cletus' Odds and Ends.

I keep a web URL bookmarked and I edit it to filter out 3rd party junk.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=retailer%3AWalmart.com&query=lump+charcoal

"https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=retailer%3AWalmart.com&query=lump+charcoal"

You can change the query= to something else like weber+grill+brush

Back