Brisket Joy

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Today was a bely and brisket day. Can't describe in words how delicious this brisket came out. It was a 10.5 lb. prime from Sam's that trimmed down to 7 lb. Did it on the offset with oak and hickory. Sprinkled (lightly) the night before with some Naturiffic Q Salt and my usual seasonings (salt pepper and complete seasoning). Stalled at 145 for some two hours (quite stressful) then tented at 160 and climbed in the last 2-3 hours to donness. Rested in the cooler with towels for 1.5 hr. and sliced. The portion to the right of the slice on the plated picture and left on the platter is the under side of the point and that was magnificent. Plated with baked beans, coleslaw and corn muffin. Oh my.
Just had to share.

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 302
  • brisket platter.jpg
    brisket platter.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 303
  • brisket plated.jpg
    brisket plated.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 299
That looks fabulous!
Can you detail the liquid that you have the brisket sitting in? What, when & how?
Thanks

That looks fabulous!
Can you detail the liquid that you have the brisket sitting in? What, when & how?
Thanks
80 percent apple juice; 10 percent apple cider vinegar; 10 percent water added when tented with 1/4 cup of butter. Used the same liquid mix for spraying at about 120 and again at 140 degrees in the smoker. Keep a vat of water in the smoker at all times.

Stellar cook, looks very tasty mate:thumb:

That’s an awesome looking brisket! Even my wife looked over my shoulder and said “I’d eat that”

Looks great! I just ordered some q salt to try...figured I was the only one left that hadn’t used it and most everyone raves about it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a home run on all accounts ; great bark, tons of juice, very moist with no hard nuggets of fat anywhere. Great job! There is something extremely satisfying about getting a brisket just perfect!

Fantastic looking brisket...I'd take a plate of that any day of the week!!

Back