I’m in the Doghouse Now!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
If I had stopped at the cheap Mercer knife, I had purchased from Amazon I’d have been fine. (See previous thread) Unfortunately, there was a sale over Labor Day at Cutlery and More, so my wife is now mad at me because I purchased 3 more new knives.

She suggested I have a problem :twitch: and to this I must agree. :roll: I didn’t “need” any of these knives, but one was such a good price and the other two are, as Old Man Parker said on Christmas Story, “Indescribably Beautiful!”. :becky: Below are some pictures of the objects of my wife’s wrath and a short video of them.

This first knife is a 9” Dragon Storm Chef’s knife by Apogee Cutlery. It’s made of BD1N steel with a HRC of 63. It was on Clearance with an additional 20% off for Labor Day.

This next knife is an Enso SG2 7” Bunka knife. It’s made of 101 layers of stainless with a SG2 steel core with an HRC of 63. It was on sale with special price and 20% off for Labor Day.

This last knife is an Miyabi Artisan 9.5” Kiritsuke knife. It’s made of 2 layers of hammered stainless with a SG2 steel core with an HRC of 63. It was offered at special introductory price for Labor Day.

Here’ a short video of me unboxing them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3fkX9xlPvk

I’m going to have to cook some good food using these knives to get out of the Doghouse. :bow:

Thanks for looking.

Nice cutlery score, Jeff! Some tri-tips might be a perfect way to break in the chef's knife...

Knives like that on sale can't be passed on. You did the right thing.

If it would help will send your wife a note stating the above.

Those are pretty! Is the Miyabi another vegetable knife or is it specially designed for something else?

Whenever I buy things on sale, I tell my wife that we couldn't afford not to get them.... no, that doesn't work either, but she usually laughs.
Thanks for the advice Gore. My wife just laughed at this also. :laugh:
Those are some fine looking blades.
Thank you Marty
Knives like that on sale can't be passed on. You did the right thing.

If it would help will send your wife a note stating the above.
Thank you Charles. I think I'm OK without the note.

My wife doesn't understand my purchases either, so I have a method. I will order whatever I want while she is out of town and by the time she gets back, it is settled into my current supply of whatever and looks like it has been there for a while. In fact, she is going to Florida for the weekend, so I wonder what I can get away with?

My wife doesn't understand my purchases either, so I have a method. I will order whatever I want while she is out of town and by the time she gets back, it is settled into my current supply of whatever and looks like it has been there for a while. In fact, she is going to Florida for the weekend, so I wonder what I can get away with?
Thanks Ron. The problem with your method is she pays the bills so she'd still see it no matter how I tried to hide it.
Those are beautiful knives, congrats. Just tell her it's only knives. It could be cars.
Thanks Dorm. I'll try that excuse next time and see how it goes.
They look like beautiful knives. I liked the video.
Thank you Showdowdog. (FYI: I used to have a dog named Shadow)

Back