Humphrey's Smoker

stan5677

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ok so me changing my mind once again I have decided to get a Humphrey's. Can someone tell me the main differences between the battlebox and the long weekender.

Battle box is much heavier (steel tube frame) and has different door hinges (weekender door only opens to 90 degrees, battle box opens wider)

Also, the weekenders has a daisy wheel for air intake and the battlebox has a 2" ball valve, so in theory it has more precise airflow controls.

I think those are the basic differences.

I had a Long Weekender. A good smoker but I wasn't fond of the daisy wheel design. I would spend a couple extra bucks and get the BB.

Humphrey's are well made units. I gave them a call when I was ordering and they were very helpful. Nice people.

Battle box is much heavier (steel tube frame) and has different door hinges (weekender door only opens to 90 degrees, battle box opens wider)

Also, the weekenders has a daisy wheel for air intake and the battlebox has a 2" ball valve, so in theory it has more precise airflow controls.

I think those are the basic differences.

JAK nailed most of the main points.

BB also comes
- painted body
- 2 probe ports on the side

If you ask Nicole she might provide you with a side-by-side of dimensions. Otherwise I'd pull from their site. IIRC the long weekender has slightly larger dimensions at the cost of a difference in materials used in the process. Otherwise they're very similar.

I had a Long Weekender. A good smoker but I wasn't fond of the daisy wheel design. I would spend a couple extra bucks and get the BB.

I believe that if you purchase the “performance plate” upgrade on the weekender you can use a ball valve for air intake control. But like others have said, it’s best to give them a call..

Also, I think the bb has a different water pan and heat diverter set up that gives you more options than you have on the long weekender.

Also, I think the bb has a different water pan and heat diverter set up that gives you more options than you have on the long weekender.

Good point. I think the Weekender has a single position water pan where as the BB comes with slide out water pan that can change to drop-in water pan for more space. I just found this out recently... which was a welcome find. More space!

Good point. I think the Weekender has a single position water pan where as the BB comes with slide out water pan that can change to drop-in water pan for more space. I just found this out recently... which was a welcome find. More space!

I think you can even remove the water pan and heat diverter completely and cook over the coals. I’ve been looking at the Humphrey’s myself...

I agree, they are well made units, great insulation.

I have the Down East Beast, I get a 14 hour burn on a small 8 lb bag of lump charcoal running at 250°

Back