Frustrated and Impatient Due to Low GF used Inventory

willwillx

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So , before i call or email the Conleys about an assassin 17 or 24..Which i'm leaning bigger on. What modifications are a must for this? It's likely going to only be out in the open weather when it's actually cooking, otherwise i'll pull it under my back porch or if/when i build my own smoke pit area in my yard. I'm righthanded. So the latch opening right to left which i think is by default is fine,

The charcoal chute, what's the benefits on the left side or right side or center? What are options should i entertain? Additional rack locations? I will be moving from the very beginning MES 40 inch, so it's going to be a huge learning curve for me, or maybe it won't!

Website says "Free Customizations include:
Location of Charcoal Chute · Additional Rack Runners · Placement of Wire Portal"

How are the IQ temp products? Better than the guru and others? Same? I will want the one with WIFI or BT.. My BT to my phone seems so short based on a few products i've tried. So i am hesitant about the IQ's BT over a wifi model? Or take off the IQ all together and buy another product elsewhere? I assume that's probably $200-225 off price if i went that way.

There really are no "must have" mods for the Assassin. Since you're going to be cooking out in the elements, I suggest you order the stack doghouse to keep rain out of the cooker with the stack open.

Coal chute placement - all depends on where you're comfortable with it. Mine is in the back.

The supplied IQ120 works great. I like wifi controllers but I have no need for one on the Assassin. Once the temp is stabilized, it will hold temp until it runs out of fuel.

Learning curve - the Assassin is as easy as it gets to learn. There are a few finer points I've learned on mine, but I don't want to write a book here. I'll PM you soon.

Back