MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #166
cmohr74
Full Fledged Farker

I want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity that wants one to check out what Rub Bagby and Swamp Boys BBQ has to offer to you. Class is coming up shortly and spots are limited.

Attachment 75771

Last edited by cmohr74; 08-03-2017 at 10:35 AM..
cmohr74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #167
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

John - Thanks for the review of Johnny Trigg. I will post my thoughts also after this weekend.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #168
FirinUpTheFox
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Firin' Up the Fox sponsors BBQ 101 & BBQ 102 - April 27 & 28

BBQ 101 on April 27 - Ribs & Chicken
BBQ 101 on April 28 - Brisket & Butts

Instructor will be Chris Marks from Three Little Pigs, an American Royal Champion. Use this class to take yourself from the backyard to our Amateur Competition on July 7th.

For more information - http://www.firinupthefox.com/Classes.html

Check us out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/FirinUpTheFox

Old 02-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #169
Dianne the Cookie
Got rid of the matchlight.

Not sure I like the format of this forum. It's a little confusing. I've used it before I published my first book, but guess I'll get used to it. Ya'll are such pros. lol
Dianne the Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #170
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

As John stated above Johnny Trigg's class was awesome!

He basically did the four KCBS meats from prep to cooking to presentation.

Told some stories about Pitmasters and gave us a bunch of goodies.

Glad I went!!!

And that's all there is..."Right thar"

Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #171
Theresa B
Full Fledged Farker

Smoking Triggers BBQ class review...

Arrived at the site (awesome culinary supply store) about an hour before the class started. Had a few moments to talk to Johnny and reintroduce ourselves. We got there early so we could get good seats...front row just to the left of center. The classroom was a fully equipped teaching kitchen...overhead mirrors, video cams and flat screens. We enjoyed a fabulous shrimp gumbo dinner including rice, salad, rolls and drinks. Deffinately putting their best foot forward. The evening went on and we talked about brisket and butt...he prepped both meats and seasoned them as if for a competition. We were provided with snacks during the evening, M&M's, mini Hersheys bars, Gardetto's snack mix...and fresh baked King cakes that were indescribably delicious and fresh New Orleans coffee! Class ended for the evening around 9:45. We went back to the hotel and slept (sort of) for 4 hrs and returned to the site at 3am (even though he said class would resume at 7:30) as he was prepping the fire. Around 3:45 he put both pork & brisket on. He went through prepping chicken & ribs. At 8am we were served an amazing breakfast...scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits and THE BEST grits! Johnny resumed class and went through chicken & ribs, seasonings and tips & tricks. The remainder of the afternoon we spent tasting BBQ from the Godfather. We had plenty of time for questions and pics through out the entire day. This was an A1 class act. The details were very obviously taken care of and it showed. If you have the opportunity to attend his class...DO IT! Trish was amazing and so very welcomming and personable. She was a crack up through out the day. She demoed how to make boxes and really kept Johnny on his toes. It was a blast!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]22.5 WSM[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]KCBS member/CBJ/CTC[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]MABA Board of Directors [/FONT]
Theresa B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #172
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

I copied this from the competition bbq thread. looks like this could be fun!

Hi BBQ'rs! Here's the official announcement that DIVA Q is coming to the Mid-Atlantic to teach a FULL DISCLOSURE, NO HOLDS BARRED, SECRETS REVEALED, HANDS-ON....etc. Pitmaster class on April 5th!

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
COST: $300.00
FULL-DISCLOSURE
HOSTED BY: MASON-DIXON BBQ SERVICES

We are limiting the class to 30 (Have three already before we announced! Only 27 spots left!) and she is spilling her guts. Techniques, rubs, sauces, trimming, competition timeline, when to go to the bathroom, when to have beer vs. hard liquor....EVERYTHING!

You can find more info including the app at www.gonakedbbq.com or at www.mdbbqservices.com. And stay for the Go Naked Competition on Saturday....what the hell you're there already!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #173
J&B'sBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I would love to find one in my area! We have Myron's class not too far away and Lang does classes as well, but my hubby and I both want to go and we cannot afford either of those for both of us. If anyone knows of others in and around GA, please let me know!
[URL="http://www.southernqsmokers.com"]Southern Q Limo Jr. & 125 Water Cooker[/URL]
Proudly Supported By:
[URL="http://www.southernqsmokers.com"]Southern Q Smokers & Trailers[/URL]
[URL="http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/"]Swamp Boys BBQ Sauces and Rubs[/URL]
[URL="https://carolinacookwood.com"]Carolina Cookwood[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]
J&B'sBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #174
Q Moon
Found some matches.

Default Competition Class Dates, and Locations

Holy Smokes BBQ team does a back yard class, and I believe they're from Dublin. It's very reasonably priced. Also I believe they offer Competition class DVDs on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Q Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #175
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post

Hi BBQ'rs! Here's the official announcement that DIVA Q is coming to the Mid-Atlantic to teach a FULL DISCLOSURE, NO HOLDS BARRED, SECRETS REVEALED, HANDS-ON....etc. Pitmaster class on April 5th!

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
FULL-DISCLOSURE

We are limiting the class to 30 (Have three already before we announced! Only 27 spots left!) and she is spilling her guts. Techniques, rubs, sauces, trimming, competition timeline, when to go to the bathroom, when to have beer vs. hard liquor....EVERYTHING!

You can find more info including the app at www.gonakedbbq.com or at www.mdbbqservices.com. And stay for the Go Naked Competition on Saturday....what the hell you're there already!

Still have a few spots left in the DIVA Q Class on April 5th at our place in Greencastle, PA. Taking applications through Tuesday. Having a meet and greet Thursday evening and then start BBQ class early Friday a.m. HEATED TENT! Stupid snow in spring....visit www.gonakedbbq.com or www.mdbbqservices.com for more info! Don't miss out!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #176
holysmokes
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for passing this information on. We will be doing a class on April 20th here in Dublin. The cost is 200. We will be starting at 8 am. We will prep and cook all 4 KCBS meat categories as well as pork loin for GBA. We will be teaching some technique and basic flavor profiles. ITs gonna be a lotta fun.

Ps.No DVDs That is Darian with Kosmos Q

Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #177
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
FULL-DISCLOSURE

How many people are signed up?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #178
FirinUpTheFox
Knows what a fatty is.

Default St. Charles, Illinois BBQ 101 & 102 Classes - a few spots left

There are a few spots left in our BBQ 101 and 102 classes.

Classes are held 10:00-2:30 at April 27 & 28 at Charlestown Mall in St. Charles and taught by 8 time American Royal Champion Chris Marks.

101 covers Ribs and Chicken
102 covers Brisket and Butts

Questions - [email protected]

Last edited by FirinUpTheFox; 04-12-2013 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: added dates
FirinUpTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #179
bjgamez
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Where can I find out where and when Johnny Trigg is teaching a class?
bjgamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #180
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Cooking Classes

Hi All I was just wondering IF there are any cooking classes in New Jersey. Looking for mainly ribs n brisket.
Thanks Dan