brisket points?

K

kcbbq13

I'm getting ready to cook a bunch of brisket points and I'm curious if you cook the same as the whole brisket?

Thanks

Just smoke 'em, skipping the foil like when used with flats or packers. I wish we could get points around here.

Smoke 'em till they're done, then cut into 1 inch cubes, coat with sauce, into a foil pan and back on the smoker until they get a little crunchy.

These are always the first to go, people always ask for more.

Wish there was someplace to buy just points. I love 'em!

Chuck

I did some points separate from the packer and had great success. I smoked until they had a nice color and wrapped in foil with beef stock and braised for a bunch of hours. Then when they were tender I pulled them sprinkled with rub and set them back just to crisp the bark. Then I did what cdollar does. Man they were good. I will suggest stripping all the external fat so you get a nice bark.

This is an excellent thing to to training yourself before you set out make make BBQ your first time. Always good to experiment with meat before trying to make BBQ.

I did some points separate from the packer and had great success. I smoked until they had a nice color and wrapped in foil with beef stock and braised for a bunch of hours. Then when they were tender I pulled them sprinkled with rub and set them back just to crisp the bark. Then I did what cdollar does. Man they were good. I will suggest stripping all the external fat so you get a nice bark.

Back