Just the brisket points

darthtrader

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever just smoke the points? I noticed that my local butcher shop carries CAB points and wondered if I could smoke these hot n fast alone--the family seems to tackle this piece fast whenever I cook a packer.

No reason you can't. I usually separate the flat and the point before I smoke them anyway. It works just fine that way.

Anyone ever just smoke the points? I noticed that my local butcher shop carries CAB points and wondered if I could smoke these hot n fast alone--the family seems to tackle this piece fast whenever I cook a packer.

Oh my u need to stock up! I would love a butcher who did this.

Smoke 'em up! The point is the best part IMHO. You are a lucky man to have a butcher like that.

Cool! Didn't realize how lucky I was. Not bad at $2.79/lb by California standards.

I am just north of you in Temecula. Which butcher has the points, would love to get some.

Thanks

Pete

Seems odd that it's hard to find the points. I mean, so many flats get separated for pastrami and corned beef, what happens to all the points?

I am just north of you in Temecula. Which butcher has the points, would love to get some.

Thanks

Pete

Hey neighbor! Found them at Kennedy's Karne in Escondido. Rough looking strip mall, but awesome meats. Grab some of their marinated carne asada and pollo asada while you're there. Some of the best I've tasted.

I would love to be able to get points alone.

Great, I will be driving through there on Saturday and will stop. Thanks

Pete

Hey neighbor! Found them at Kennedy's Karne in Escondido. Rough looking strip mall, but awesome meats. Grab some of their marinated carne asada and pollo asada while you're there. Some of the best I've tasted.

I just checked out their site and couldn't find hours of operation. By any chance do you know if they're open Sundays? I'm heading down to SD this weekend and I'd love to swing by.

I just checked on Yelp and the hours listed there are inaccurate, so best thing to do is give the store a call. I know they're open on Saturdays, but I don't know about Sundays. Good thing to call to make sure they have the points in anyway. They were low on brisket last time I had my sister pick one up for me, but told us that they get more stuff in on Saturdays, so maybe if you call ahead they can order in more CAB points. (760) 746-4622

Back