Brauma's Egg Table

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I'm no carpenter. But I have enough tools to be dangerous. And thats what counts.

In this first pic you can see the upper frame (on the table) and the legs that are almost ready.

MyEggtablestart001Medium.jpg

Here's daddy's little buddy helping me with the wheels.

MyEggtablestart002Medium.jpg

MyEggtablestart003Medium.jpg

Almost ready to flip over.

MyEggtablestart004Medium.jpg

This is where I'm at now.

MyEggtablestart005Medium.jpg

This table will host my new Large (that you see here) and my existing Small Egg. I'm gonna put the Large on the right and the Small on the left. And there will be tile in between. It will be topped with white pine then sealed later.

MyEggtablestart006Medium.jpg

I'll have this together by Saturday. BeerGuy is coming down and we'll Christen it with a few racks of spares.

I'll keep this updated as I go. I will be taking this table to the next comp: Que & Cruz and I'll get all my BBQ friends to autograph it. Then I'll bring it back home and seal in all the signatures and stains with Poly or varnish.

Good times.

You undersell yourself. That looks great. You do very nice work. Can not to see the finished product. That is a great idea- geting signatures then sealing them. You have a very cute helper. Looks like she liked the work

You may not be a carpenter, but you have the good tools and know how to use them.
It is guys like you building these Egg Tables that inspired me to make my Weber table.
Keep us updated.

Time to put down the saw and dirty up that new egg...

I know dude. It's killin me!!

You undersell yourself. That looks great. You do very nice work. Can not to see the finished product. That is a great idea- geting signatures then sealing them. You have a very cute helper. Looks like she liked the work

Great little helper you have there.

She is my buddy. Anytime I go outside, she's right there with me. It doesnt matter if I'm working in the garden or my shop, she's there.

You may not be a carpenter, but you have the good tools and know how to use them.
It is guys like you building these Egg Tables that inspired me to make my Weber table.
Keep us updated.

I can throw some stuff together but it may not pass any kind of building code. :lol: It will be functional, and I'll have the satifaction of making it myself.

I used those Kregg tool fasteners at all the corners. I love the way they work and the joint seems very strong. But the screws are expensive as chit. Proprietary mod.

for not being a carpenter - that sure looks like a carpenter is doing it- very nice

Looking good so far!
Yeah, forget the lumber....just the nuts and bolts alone to build one of these thngs can cost you a fair amount.

I used those Kregg tool fasteners at all the corners. I love the way they work and the joint seems very strong. But the screws are expensive as chit. Proprietary mod.

Rockler Wood working. There are a couple of independent retailers in northern Virginia. Around the holiday season they have some great sales.
I picked up the big screw kit (600+ screws) for $10. Normal price is $30.

Ok, things are moving along slowly but they are moving. Thisis why I say I'm no carpenter. A real carpenter would've knocked this project out in two nights.

Here's where I am now:

MyEggtablefirstsmoke003Medium.jpg

I'm no where near done. Tile will go between the two Eggs. The Small will be raised to the proper height. Hopefully I'll be done before next wknd for the Que & Cruz comp.

MyEggtablefirstsmoke004Medium.jpg

I did the first fire in it yesterday. BeerGuy came down and we Christened the new Egg with a few racks of ribs today.

MyEggtablefirstsmoke001Medium.jpg

MyEggtablefirstsmoke002Medium.jpg

We cooked some chicken in the Small and ribs in the Large. Both Eggs held their temps like they were plugged in. Gotta love it.

Back