St. Louis Spares in KC???

Guitar-B-Que

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have had no luck finding them. I can always find spare ribs, but not specifically STL style. I'm gonna try the fish market in Liberty tomorrow(they were closed today).

Guess I will just pick up a brisket to get ready for tomorrow.

Anyone know where to get some around KC?

Got a knife? Spares to St Louis conversion takes about 2 minutes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_MGM_RRTUQ

Wow . . . that guy needs some dogs.

Also - if you keep an eye out, full slabs are normally less expensive per pound than St. Lois style - but don't let the excess go to waste - I always smoke the rib tips and trimmings from which I pull the good meat off of for use in baked beans. Now that's some good eatin'!

I just had another thought - drop by your neighborhood grocery store and get to know the guy in the meat department. Try to go during the day during the week if you can work that out since you'd most likely be talking to the meat department manager. Just let them know that you're smoking ribs and you're looking to buy some that are trimmed up St. Louis style. All of the meat guys I've ever met are also smoke cookers and can get you what you need.

Triimmings get smoked like everything else at my house. MrsMista loves that knuckle bone.

Triimmings get smoked like everything else at my house. MrsMista loves that knuckle bone.

My trimmings turned out better than my ribs yesterday!
I have to stop experimenting and keep it simple.

Brian

trimmings are the chefs treats!!! Vwry simple to do. I learned to do it from the folks here with out a demo. give it a try!!!

If my wife didn't love 'em, you farkers could have ALL the trimmings I'd ever do! Nasty cartilage crap makes me wanna hurl if I get ahold of any of it. :icon_sick

I usually get spares at Sam's club.

I assume you are talking about Liberty Bend fish market? They have the BEST bacon.

If my wife didn't love 'em, you farkers could have ALL the trimmings I'd ever do! Nasty cartilage crap makes me wanna hurl if I get ahold of any of it. :icon_sick

Man I'd take 'em. Them rib tips is good eatn.

Got a knife? Spares to St Louis conversion takes about 2 minutes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_MGM_RRTUQ

Awesome. I figured it was just trimming, but wasn't sure. I just need to ask more questions. Thanks for that. I got em cut up and ready to go for tomorrow. I'll post some pron when their done.

I guess I'm just gonna smoke the left overs. Not making any beans or anything tomorrow. Might chop some of it up real good and mix in with some ABT's.

I usually get spares at Sam's club.

I assume you are talking about Liberty Bend fish market? They have the BEST bacon.

Yes they do!! We get side meat from them for around Christmas time each year. It's great. It's like bacon, but real thick cut.

Last year they messed up and gave us salt pork which looks really similar but salty as all get out. That made for some faces Christmas breakfast.

Wait a minute. More importantly than how to cut them...what's a KC boy doing asking for St. Louie style ribs! Is someone over there finally ready to recognize the eastern side of the states superiority in the bbq world! :twisted:

Governer's Cup Thursday. Nothing like watching a bunch of players who won't make the team decide it.

Oh...and as far as on topic, I buy baby backs...so I have no idea. :grin:

Wait a minute. More importantly than how to cut them...what's a KC boy doing asking for St. Louie style ribs! Is someone over there finally ready to recognize the eastern side of the states superiority in the bbq world! :twisted:

Governer's Cup Thursday. Nothing like watching a bunch of players who won't make the team decide it.

Oh...and as far as on topic, I buy baby backs...so I have no idea. :grin:

I'll take the ribs, you keep the traffic!!!:-D

Actually, just getting into the whole BBQ game. This is gonna be my third smoke. I like STL cut, cause that's how my favorite BBQ joint serves em. Figured I would give it a shot.

As far as Thursday and Chiefs upcoming 07' season.:cry::sad::cry::icon_frow Let's not get me started. :icon_shy

Lord forgive my evil,evil mind.........
ModelMaker :icon_blush:

For those of you keeping track this is the very first, and pry last time I ever use one of these cartoon thingies.

Awesome. I figured it was just trimming, but wasn't sure. I just need to ask more questions. Thanks for that. I got em cut up and ready to go for tomorrow. I'll post some pron when their done.

I guess I'm just gonna smoke the left overs. Not making any beans or anything tomorrow. Might chop some of it up real good and mix in with some ABT's.

Enjoy!!!

I have had no luck finding them. I can always find spare ribs, but not specifically STL style. I'm gonna try the fish market in Liberty tomorrow(they were closed today).

Guess I will just pick up a brisket to get ready for tomorrow.

Anyone know where to get some around KC?

i keep telling you to come over. Actually we are gonna be cooking at my house all day friday the 14th. Mainly just butts, but if you bring some spares I'll show you how to cut em.

i keep telling you to come over. Actually we are gonna be cooking at my house all day friday the 14th. Mainly just butts, but if you bring some spares I'll show you how to cut em.

I'm gonna try my best to get out soon. I'm dying to sit in with you. It's all work conflict.

Back