Overwhelmed!!

spicewine

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last Tuesday a friend of my Daughter's mother told me that her Church was having a get together and wanted me to cook some pork loin for them. She has always been a big fan and has helped promote my sauce so I said " Sure ! " Would be glad to " " Bring the meat by the day before and bring me a bag of charcoal and I will do the rest" I brought the Competition Smoker home and was planning on doing 5# of jerky, and 4 pork tenderloins while I was at it. I told her to bring the meat by before 4:00 today so that I could trim and season it . She showed up at 6:00 with 90 # of pork loin!!! :eek: :eek: I just now finished preping it for the smoker . It's a good thing that I make the rub that I use and have plenty on hand!! I did not have the fridge space for that much pork so I had a large cooler to put it in and set it outside. Temps tonight----16 , covered it with a blanket and hope it doesn't freeze overnight!! Gona haveta haul my Arse out-o bed at 6:00 to make sure that everything is ready by 4:00 pick up.

Jay, just remember, "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!"

Good luck Jay,at least you know you've got the best Smoker to get the job done.Don't forget we like pics.

Dang it Jay, you should have told me... I would have driven to Columbia and helped you season it all last night. Oh well, good luck with it! I imagine you're busy this morning.

Jay,
If it is for a Church group, it just might help you get to Heaven. Go get em'.
Smoke On!!!
Ed

" Bring the meat by the day before and bring me a bag of charcoal and I will do the rest"

Sure hope you sent her back for more charcoal, and or wood!!!:biggrin:

Good Luck on the cook, don't forget the pics. Your heart is in the right place.

Did she even seem to think of the job she layed on you, or does she just figure it works by magic?

Back