DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was walking thru the store the other day and saw that the 99% lean ground turkey breast was reduced so I picked up 3 lbs. I made some more of my 4 bean Turkey Chili but with a little more turkey this time. I’ve made this 3 other times previously and it is virtually free of points. (Only 1 WW Purple point)

Here are most of the ingredients with the mixed up the spices.

I diced up all the onions and peppers.

Recipe:
1 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 lb. Pounds 99/1 Lean Ground Turkey (I used 3 lbs. this cook)
½ Yellow Onion (Diced) (These yellow onions were very small so I used 2 whole ones)
½ Red Onion (Diced)
I Poblano Pepper (Diced)
I Anaheim Pepper (Diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 6 Oz. Can Diced Green Chiles
1 15 Oz. Can Corn
1 15 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 15 Oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 15 Oz. Can Chili Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Black Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 15 Oz. Cannellini Beans
1 15 Oz. Can Chicken Broth
1 bunch Cilantro (Minced)
2 Tbsp. Chili Power
1 Tsp. Cumin
½ Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
½ Tsp. Chipotle Pepper Power
½ Tsp. Black Pepper
½ Tsp. White Pepper
½ Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. Cinnamon

I got out my 8 qt. enameled Dutch oven and added the OO. I put it on the side burner of my Gasser. I put the Turkey in once it was heated up.

I cooked it until just slightly brown.

I added the veggies and stirred.

Once the veggies had softened, I added in the rest of the ingredients.

Mixed everything together, added the spices and stirred.

I brought this to a boil and then covered. I turned the burner to low and let the chili simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I then added in the minced cilantro and stirred.

I let this simmer an additional 15 minutes and it was done.

Here it is in a bowl, garnished with Pico de Gallo, some Non-Fat Greek yogurt, and a low carb tortilla.

This is delicious and only 1 point per serving. (A serving = 1 cup. This was a large bowl, so it was a double serving so 2 points plus 1 point for the tortilla) Eating like this has helped me lose a lot of weight.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Don't like turkey but definitely will hit a bowl like yours Jeff. :clap2:

That looks fantastic! And healthy too! :thumb:
Thank you Joe. I've changed my diet to include more veggies and fiber for healthier meals.
That does look awesome!
Thank you PaPa
Don't like turkey but definitely will hit a bowl like yours Jeff. :clap2:
Thank you Sako. It is delious. Now I'm not saying it's better than ground beef but I can eat almost as much as I want and not have to worry about gaining weight. :grin:

I was expecting white chili. Very nice and looks great. Perfect for the healthy and delicious throwdown

I love Chili, but I've never had one with all those ingredients. It looks delicious, and makes me jealous (the wife only eats her chili with about 4 ingredients in it). I'm with you Ground Turkey isn't as good as beef or venison, but it is a lot healthier! Great use of the enameled cast iron, just got my first one for Christmas and I love that piece of cookware.

Back