Food Truck Nation

Learnin Querve

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
There was an interesting feature on the radio show "Marketplace" last night (air date 07/30/10). about the food trucks and vendors in the Los Angeles area. There was also an interview with a person who provides start up funds, equipment, and provisions. :mad2:

There are pictures on the main page of various food trucks from around the country, and they invite listeners to submit pics of other food trucks as well.

You can view the pics and listen to the feature here:

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/

Click on the "Listen to the latest shows" and select "Marketplace July 30". The feature starts at 21:10 and lasts about 4 minutes. You may have to go to the archives if you're reading this much past the post date, as this is a daily radio program.

Has anyone seen or eaten at any of the trucks pictured or mentioned in the program?

Chris

I have not eaten at the one's mentioned, though Kogi and NomNom have been on my list if I ever get down south. I hav eaten off of food trucks and carts since I was in college, and there have been some excellent eats off of them. My current favorite truck is up in Arcata Ca.

There is a huge issue with licensing and inspections, especially in SoCal. It would be great to see some larger monitoring and organization to start making sure the field is more level. Sadly, most people don't care to consider if a business is competing fairly.

I have not eaten at the one's mentioned, though Kogi and NomNom have been on my list if I ever get down south. I hav eaten off of food trucks and carts since I was in college, and there have been some excellent eats off of them. My current favorite truck is up in Arcata Ca.

There is a huge issue with licensing and inspections, especially in SoCal. It would be great to see some larger monitoring and organization to start making sure the field is more level. Sadly, most people don't care to consider if a business is competing fairly.

More than you know - So many othe BBQ type caterers/vendors working out of their house, taco guys that have no business license or insurance, the list goes on and on. We just square our shoulders and move ahead!

Back