My new Workhorse Pits 1975 Wagon

Congrats on the new acquisition! Could you post a couple of photos of the transition between the firebox and cooking chamber?

That is beautiful, looks well built. Is there any concern about the rubber tires being so close to the firebox?

Workhorse mentioned somewhere that temps were measured around the wheels were in the 80's or low 90's (I can't remember the exact number). The 3/8 steel probably helps keeps the temps down .

Thanks for the kind words folks. I took a couple additional pics just in case anyone was interested. I plan on firing it up Sunday as the temps drop around here. Will certainly take a few pics. After looking it over real good, I can't find too many faults. Still a bit blown away at the size of the firebox. My stick burning experiencing has primarily been on a Lang 48 and this firebox is massive compared to that one. Will post more pics as requested or as I do a few cooks on it.

Attachments

• Smoker 11.jpg
    Smoker 11.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Smoker 12.jpg
    Smoker 12.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Smoker 10.jpg
    Smoker 10.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 147
A classic look that will never ever go out of style! Congrats!

what does the wagon wheel upgrade run ? very nice pit by the way and very interested in them .

Right about $700. I’ll keep it in the garage and roll it out for cooking so mobility was a big thing for me. I’ll also load it on the trailer and haul it to the lake for long weekends and doubt that would be very manageable on the casters. Expensive option but feel like it was necessary for me.

Yeah it is. You certainly feel the weight but once it’s in motion it moves easily on concrete and grass. Have the first fire in it now to season it up and going to cook up a couple butts and chickens tomorrow.

Yeah it is. You certainly feel the weight but once it’s in motion it moves easily on concrete and grass. Have the first fire in it now to season it up and going to cook up a couple butts and chickens tomorrow.

Hope you post pics .:becky:

There will be plenty. I’ve never posted a ton of cooks as I mostly lurk and learn but I know a lot of folks are interested in this cooker so I’ll try and keep folks updated. Had a fire in it for 7 hours today seasoning it and the temps were awesome. 250 main grate and 295 top grate but damn near even side to side. Have some Creekstone brisket points, a pork loin and chicken leg quarters going on tomorrow. Will post pics.

Attachments

• E0BD3C31-4E00-4378-8781-B2348C025D21.jpg
    E0BD3C31-4E00-4378-8781-B2348C025D21.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 93
Back