MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
localyocal
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brad
Default American Royal rentals

When we're at the Royal last year our neighbors had a guy drop off a toyhauler for them before they got there. I talked to the guy dropping it off but I've lost his card. Unfortunately I haven't had any luck contacting the team I think it was that used him. I was considering throwing in a GC28 in a cargo trailer and leaving our beloved 32 ft Big Orange Pig at home. My in-laws and both kids are joining us this year and I thought I might look into it. Anyone have any information on people that rent them? I recall he set itup and picked it up after Sundays awards.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
localyocal

I believe the ones renting it were Smoke 30 BBQ or Peg Leg BBQ. If anyone knows these teams that would help as well.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #3
masque13
is one Smokin' Farker

I wonder if the Royal will even happen with how things are going?
Gateway 55G Drum
masque13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
localyocal

I'm still wondering the same thing but I sent an email last week and as of now they are planning to move forward with it. Obviously things can change but I'm planning it until I'm told otherwise.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:15 PM   #5
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

I usually cater for a corporation that has 225 visitors. They told me that they were not going to participate this year.

Kansas just started requiring mandatory mask for all public places.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2020, 06:11 AM   #6
localyocal

It could very well be cancelled. I already figure the parties were probably going to be cancelled and limited guests but honestly I don't attend those anyway. I just want to compete.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

Looks like it is still on. I received an email to judge about a week ago.

Quote:
Judging this year at the BBQ is going to look different in order to keep all of our judges, table captains and volunteers safe. We have been working in partnership with KCBS and local health officials on updated judging processes and procedures that will ensure that all aspects of judging are safe & healthy while maintaining the integrity of the contest. See below for the current contest safety guideline overview

The health and safety of our guests is our top priority. With changes surrounding COVID-19, some times and event information may change. These updates will be posted to our website and communicated to registered competitors, judges and guests. By attending the American Royal, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree to not hold the American Royal Association, City of Kansas City, Kansas, Kansas Speedway, KCBS, and/or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:09 PM   #8
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

I think they'll do everything they can to have it. I doubt it will actually happen, but I have no doubt that they will do everything they can to have it. If they can pull it off, they're the one major that made it happen this year. If they don't, they get the benefit of everyone knowing they tried.

Old 08-01-2020, 03:55 AM   #9
Robert
is One Chatty Farker

I think it is time for the Royal to fish or cut bait.

Usually when you rent an RV you have to put up a deposit. In every case of the ones that I have rented, there is a non refundable deposit. The deposit last year was $500.

What is the Royal going to do about sanitizing the shower facilities? Recall the prison shower trailers that they provided last year. 8 to 10 people inside the same room. The year prior at least had individual/private shower rooms.

How are they going to address the logistics of over 400 judges? 2 judges per table? How will they operate the turn in table? 400 teams turning in in a 10 minute window while maintaining social distancing?

While I would love for everything to be normal, it just isn't. I hate to miss it, but I'm just about to the point of dropping out.

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #10
bbqczar
Full Fledged Farker

As of today the America Royal is officially cancelled.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:55 PM   #11
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

Probably the right move. Everything carries over to 2021 plus any new teams for the invitational.

Quote:

Hello to the American Royal BBQ Family,

With regret, The American Royal has decided to cancel the World Series of Barbecue scheduled for September 17-20, 2020. Our barbecue team, in consultation with our partners, local health officials and event sponsors, have explored and exhausted all options of modification that would enable us to be both safe and financially responsible to our not-for-profit organization. It has therefore been determined that holding the Barbecue in 2020 is simply not feasible.

“The health and safety of our participants, guests, volunteers and employees has always been our top priority,” said Glen Alan Phillips President/CEO, American Royal Association. “This was not the outcome any of us hoped for, but I am confident it is the right decision for the long-term continued success of the event in support of our charitable mission.”

All registered 2020 teams will be given a full refund minus processing fees ($5) and teams will hold their 2019 space location for the 2021 contest. Teams qualified for the Invitational in 2019, 2020 or 2021 (prior to July 1, 2021) will be automatically eligible for our 2021 Invitational. Please see the link below for additional information regarding cancellation processes for Teams, Kids Que, Judges and CBJ Class participants.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back for the World Series of Barbecue, tentatively scheduled for September 16-19, 2021.Your support of our mission to provide opportunities for competition, scholarships, and agriculture education to youth and adults from across the country are always welcome here: https://www.americanroyal.com/give/.

Thank you for your continued support of the American Royal.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #12
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

That invitational next year could be HUGE

Old 08-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #13
masque13
is one Smokin' Farker

I dont think they really had any choice honestly. sucks for everyone planning on going, but hopefully this year and our lives can get back to some normalcy in 2021.
Gateway 55G Drum
masque13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #14
Smokin Dawg77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Election will be over soon .....
Smokin Dawg77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #15
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Dawg77 View Post
Election will be over soon .....
Pretty sure that won't have anything to do with it.

Now, if a vaccine is ready "well in advance of the end of the year" like Trump says, that would have a lot to do with it.