Is uncovered poultry in the frige over night bad?

Here is a picture of some capons I took at a fair in Vilalba, Spain last December.

15902075898_a5b9bac3b4_b.jpg

Nearly 2000 of these capons were sold through the morning and into the afternoon for $100-$150. This village is famous for their capons and this fair has been going on for centuries.

There also were a few butchers set up selling various meats.

16087572791_82d439efdd_b.jpg

16087576851_2073544d85_b.jpg

Note the lack of refrigeration. This is not unusual, even in the markets in summer. Somehow people buy and eat uncovered and unrefrigerated meat that has been kept that way for many hours and survive. Heck, I've even done it myself.

There are a few more pics in this thread:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202469

Gore, it looks like you are comparing the old days to the new days.....see post #28 for clarity.

I took your advice and checked up on national news.

The economy is doing fine
ISIS is a junior varsity team
you can keep your doctor/plan
coffee is bad for you....wait, now it's good
eggs are bad for you about every other year

Hilarious. And Brian Williams misremembered!

Hilarious. And Brian Williams misremembered!

It's sad but some people do not engage the mind that they were blessed with. They would rather believe that some other "power" knows what is best for them. :tsk:

Myself, I put my chicken in the refrigerator as naked as the day it was born. The OP can use his/her own discretion. Just, please, don't let anyone else influence you! BBQ on! :grin::clap2:

Good grief, good thing I don't follow everything that has been said in an article about what's bad for you and how to do things. Not supposed to leave hard boiled eggs out at room temperature for over 2 hours or they are bad, (read it on the internet in multiple places so it must be true), amazingly I left them out for at least 8 hours and I'm still alive with no ill effects.
Remember these people who write about such things make a living by continually coming up with something to write about.
I sometimes rinse poultry sometimes I don't. If I want the skin to crisp up more I leave the turkey or chicken uncovered in the fridge for at least a day sometimes up to three. I'm still struggling to come up with a reason why leaving fowl in the fridge uncovered is somehow bad for the bird, I guess these same people never buy out of the butcher case. :crazy::tsk:

Back