MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Welcome to The Brethren > *Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only)

Notices

*Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only) Welcome to The BBQ Brethren. An Online community dedicated to the art of Low and slow. Look here first to see who we are and how we do things.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Links in your signatures.

Folks...in the past few weeks, several sigs have been pointed out to us(me and the mods) that have links to other sites in them that do not conform to our guidelines. We have a few rules regarding linking offsite in your sigs.
We do this simply for one reason. That link will appear in EVERY POST you make, so we require a few things in return.

1 - No commercial sites that is NOT your own. NO SALES or Advertising unless you have a Vendor Section and Subscription.

2 - No forums, regardless of who owns it. So if the site has a forum, sorry, no ticky. Theres many reasons for it, but the bottom line is we dont want to be a portal.

3 - ALL SITES linked to in signatures from here, must have a reciprocal link on the landing page that your link points to. That means if your going to link there from here, you MUST have a link back to here. Its only fair. If we are willing to display your link in EVERY POST you make, its not to much to ask for a link back here. The return link should be easily located and NOT buried in a corner somewhere.

if anyone wants to use a graphic to hotlink, just right click my avatar and copy that.

We have been real lenient in the past, but since we had a few issues pointed out, I just did a few spot checks and the 7 of 10 links I went to did NOT have a reciprocal link.

So, heres the deal. A friendly reminder.

If your linking to your website from here, please ensure your linking back. The return link should be on the landing page of the link you display in the signature and not buried in small text somewhere. Again, we are displaying your link on EVERY ONE OF YOUR POSTS. Be fair, and have the link back here where it can be seen.

If you can not, or dont want to link back, then remove the link from your signature. No hard feelings.

We will be randomly checking links. If we discover one that does not have the reciprocal link, we will remove it from your signature(as stated in our rules document). If it returns prior to the reciprocal link being put in, your signature then gets shut off completely.

Sorry to be hard nosed about it, but we must enforce our guidelines or we will become one big ad space.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Last edited by BBQchef33; 02-08-2012 at 09:19 PM..
Thanks from: --->

Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Does Youtube count? My brethren banner is in some of the videos .
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
Old 08-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Amen!!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
jpw23
Babbling Farker

I had to go and check.......we're good! I think......tell me if we're not.

---------------------------------------------------
Chargriller Pro with mods
El Cheapo Brinkman
Some name I can't remember Gasser
Oil Less Turkey fryer
Old 08-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #5
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Does Youtube count? My brethren banner is in some of the videos.

You're OK, SIDE!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Old 08-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
motoeric
Babbling Farker

My site has a tab to click on for 'BBQ Links' and the Brethren is one of the 5 (or so) that is listed. Is that cool?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
Old 08-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw23 View Post
I had to go and check.......we're good! I think......tell me if we're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoeric View Post
My site has a tab to click on for 'BBQ Links' and the Brethren is one of the 5 (or so) that is listed. Is that cool?

Eric
I'd say that you are both OK. Link-wise a least

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 08-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

You are on our links page also :) Let me know if you didnt see it for some reason!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #9
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

I know the rules change over time,

and I have never been known as someone who wants to "rock the boat",

but does this homepage linking also apply to Profiles?

If you click on my username, you can go to "Visit willkat98's homepage", which

will take you to www.kraft.com

This is because I want people to have a recipe resource for "authentic Texas chili", with beans of course.

Does this break a rule?

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Old 08-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
Bbq Bubba

Our link shows the Brethren link first, let me know if it's not showing!

Thanks Phil for even allowing us to post links in our sig lines!!
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
backyardchef
Babbling Farker

Mine has a link and the brethren logo....as well as a link to the collected wit, wisdom and original Willkat Frito Pie recipe.....it works great w/ the kraft chili recipe.

The Hampton Smoker Blog: http://backyardchef.blogspot.com

7' Meadow Creek reverse flow w/ a 4' grill on the nose, named Large Marge
48" Klose Backyard Chef named Wubby
Willy the Wonder Grill
Weber Kettle named Georgiette
ECB Spider Web Collector Model
Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Firebrick Supremo
Old 08-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

most every blog i looked at was fine.. they were mostly commercial sites that did not.

No need to report in guys(unless u want to).... I'm just pointing out some things that may have been overlooked.

also a few of you sent me notes that u had links to sites of interest, where your not selling or advertising anything.. such as you favorite music site, or the Barry Gibb fan club, or non BBQ thingy site.. Since we are looking at this from the 'advertising' perspective, I didnt even look thru those.. for now we are not to concerned about that as long as it doesnt get out of hand.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 08-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #13
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Those who do have show commercial sites should at least have the decency to pay the gold star subscription or should be required to. It is advertising and they are profiting... Later
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 PM   #14
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

From my site
Will this work???

BBQ links I like

http://www.flbbq.org/

http://www.barbecuenews.com/

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/

http://www.spicewineironworks.com

http://www.homebbq.com/

http://www.thesmokering.com/

http://www.thebbqguru.com/

http://www.kcbs.us/

Last edited by parrothead; 08-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
parrothead

Looks good to me except for the one that I edited out and sent you a PM about.

American Picker Blog