New Member from Canada

rt_hawley

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Rob
Hi all ! Stumbled across this site while doing some research prior to purchasing my new Blackstone 36" griddle. Retired Canadian air force officer living in Ontario, Canada here. Enjoying life as much as possible during the pandemic. Love boating, fishing, taking the muscle car or the Harley out for spin. I've always done most of the cooking at home and recently decided to build an outdoor kitchen when we needed to redo the back deck. Currently have a nice Forge Master propane grill, a Forge Master charcoal grill, Traeger pellet smoker and just recently purchased a Blackstone 36" griddle. Enjoying the heck out of cooking outdoors and trying new recipes on the flat top. I've cooked the obligatory smash burgers (definitely a learning experience!) and did up some wings the other night. I'm going to cook some Philly cheese steaks tonight and looking forward to it. I have a surf and turf planned in the near future and will try cooking the steaks sous vide to begin with. I've never cooked seafood on a flat top before (lobster, shrimp and scallops on the menu), so wish me luck. I look forward to meeting new members and picking their brains for recipes, tricks and hints for cooking on the griddle.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome Rob. It certainly sounds like you are not a newbie by any means, but we all yearn to sharpen our skills and learn new tricks, so this is the perfect place to do that. Looking forward to seeing you post some of your cooks, especially the seafood on the Blackstone.

Back